Jandy JXi Heater Works Fine For Spa, NOT for The Pool

When did you last clean your filter?

What model filter do you have?

What is your filter PSI?

What model pump do you have?

Please create your signature with details of your pool and equipment so we don't need to repeat the questions.

What model filter do you have?

What is your filter PSI?

What model pump do you have?

Please create your signature with details of your pool and equipment so we don't need to repeat the questions.
Thanks so much. My apology for the dearth of data. I've added a photo and some key equipment details. Everything is brand new. Filter meter is near 0 on the "clean" part of dial. Thanks again!

What is your filter PSI?

What speed is your pump running at?

Post pics of your equipment pad.

Thanks so much.

I have never personally cleaned the filter, but we have pool service every week, and everything is quite new.
Filter PSI near 0.
Pool Heat VSP setting is 2250.

Photos of Equipment Pad below.

Thanks again!

Screenshot 2023-05-27 at 12.38.52 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-05-27 at 12.38.40 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-05-27 at 12.39.03 PM.png

I think there is a problem with your PSI gauge. It should not be near 0.

Have your filter cleaned.

6 months old is not quite new for a filter that may have never been cleaned.

I think there is a problem with your PSI gauge. It should not be near 0.

Have your filter cleaned.

6 months old is not quite new for a filter that may have never been cleaned.
I solved it -- maybe. I saw that the speed setting for the spa (which works) was 2750 -- versus 2250 for pool. When i upped the speed to 2750, no problem at all. Is it cool to leave at this speed?

I solved it -- maybe. I saw that the speed setting for the spa (which works) was 2750 -- versus 2250 for pool. When i upped the speed to 2750, no problem at all. Is it cool to leave at this speed?

Yes, that speed is fine.

I still think there is a problem with your PSI gauge and you should have your filter cleaned.

Thanks I'l have it looked at it. I took the photo when the pump was off. I gets up to 10psi when the pump is on. Thanks again. We're having people over tomorrow and I wanted to get the temp up, really for the first time. Thanks again!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.