Jandy JXi Copper or CuproNickel

IanPotts

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
Hi, My Jandi JXi 260N heat exchanger failed. I'm looking to replace the heater and salvage parts off the old one as spares.
I'm thinking of upgrading to the CuproNickel 400BTU model to hopefully extend the life of the heater. Is it worth it?

Also any one know why you cannot get VersaFlo with a CuproNickel model?

Thank You!

I replaced my heat exchanger 2 years ago after 5 years of no issues. It developed a leak. The exchanger itself was pristine other than the leak. As long as your water parameters are proper, you don't really need to worry about having the Cupro model. You also might want to consider just repairing yours. I have a thread on my repair if you are interested. If you move to the 400k BTU model, make sure your gas line is sized appropriately.

Not sure about the VersaFlow but you can buy these as a stand-alone item and install it yourself. I purchased one that I never used. Again though, the VersaFlow really isn't needed with proper water parameters.

Reactions: IanPotts
I replaced my heat exchanger 2 years ago after 5 years of no issues. It developed a leak. The exchanger itself was pristine other than the leak. As long as your water parameters are proper, you don't really need to worry about having the Cupro model. You also might want to consider just repairing yours. I have a thread on my repair if you are interested. If you move to the 400k BTU model, make sure your gas line is sized appropriately.

Not sure about the VersaFlow but you can buy these as a stand-alone item and install it yourself. I purchased one that I never used. Again though, the VersaFlow really isn't needed with proper water parameters.
Are you saying that you repaired a leak in your Heat Exchanger? I would be interested in that thread

If love to see the repair thread!
Thank You

If love to see the repair thread!
Thank You

Here it is! I replaced the heat exchanger with a new one. I did not repair the old one.

Here it is! I replaced the heat exchanger with a new one. I did not repair the old one.

Ah, ok. My misunderstanding