Saint Johns, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
We had a faulty propane gauge and the tank ran out while the spa was heating up. Once the tank was refilled, we tried to heat the spa and the heater never fires up. No codes are displayed. The aqua link app shows heating and the heater display shows TSTAT enabled and only the green light is lit under the spa yellow button. The pool equipment is in spa mode and pump is working. I have cycled the electrical panel breaker multiple times, turned the heater on/off, turned the internal switch off for 5 mins then back on. Any ideas on how to get this thing started again?

Have you purged the air from the gas line?

Propane heaters only try to light once before throwing an Ignition Failure while NG heaters try to light 3 times.

When you ran your propane tank dry you got air in the gas line. It will take many start tries to purge the air and get gas flowing to the gas valve.

Be careful if you try and purge the gas line as propane is heavier than air and will pool and create an explosion hazard. That is why propane heaters only try to light once.

Have you purged the air from the gas line?

Propane heaters only try to light once before throwing an Ignition Failure while NG heaters try to light 3 times.

When you ran your propane tank dry you got air in the gas line. It will take many start tries to purge the air and get gas flowing to the gas valve.

Be careful if you try and purge the gas line as propane is heavier than air and will pool and create an explosion hazard. That is why propane heaters only try to light once.
I haven’t tried purging the air from the line. Do I just keep cycling it or is their a purge valve?

Cycle the heater or discuss with a qualified gas technician how to purge the line to the gas valve.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.