Jandy jx400n heater and i aqualink?

Jan 10, 2012
Clute Texas
So I have a Jandy jx400n heater on my in ground pool/spa combo. It is 100 percent automated. My question is do I have to do anything special to heat the pool? I placed in pool mode and pool heat on and it said heating in the app but the heater never fired. I can place in spa mode and spa heat and everything works perfect. My son is having a birthday party tomorrow and we wanted to warm the pool a few degrees but I can't figure out how to do it. Do I need to push a button on the heater or something? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Did it ever work? I don't have a spa but if the signal isn't getting to the heater that's odd. Only time mine ever did this was when my ignitor went out. If yours works in spa mode and you have a spillover at least you can heat some of the water. What is the pool temp showing as? Usually there are 2 set points.

Make sure you set the valves properly so that the heater gets flow in pool mode perhaps the heater flow switch is not closing.

Do you also have the computer interface? Do you have a "web" button on the phone app? Show me the temp set screen. On mine it is the below but I do not have a spa so yours will be different.

1650721767462.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do you also have the computer interface? Do you have a "web" button on the phone app? Show me the temp set screen. On mine it is the below but I do not have a spa so yours will be different.

View attachment 403400
Also you can't see in the other pics but the heat light is illuminated on the panel outside and the app shows the pool heating active. I do have an auto valve that stay in a mid position to allow spa overflow but it is downstream of pump/heater so should not have a negative impact to total flow through the heater.
And you have 2 temp probes? One for pool and one for the spa? What temp are they reading?
No just one

Just to be sure, the pool temp is below the set temp in pool mode, right? Hopefully someone comes along with a spa setup.

Correct, the pool temp dropped to 80 overnight. Thank you for all your help.
So I just hit the override on the pool/spa swap over valve and the heater fired. Only thing is, is the override sends everything to spaso my spa waterfall into pool is kicking lol. But I am taking suction from pool and going through Beater and back to pool via spa overflow so it will get me there

I am not real familiar with Jandy equipment. I would assume you should be in Pool Mode and then turn on the Heat function.

If your heater is not turning on when you do that, go out to the heater and push the Pool button.

Try hitting the button on the bottom of the JVA to manually take it out of spa mode. It is forward, neutral, reverse so pass neutral and switch to the reverse mode. Don't forget to change it back later.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.