Jandy JE3000T heat pump control panel not responding.

Jan 22, 2017
Davie
Hey!!! thanks for reading and hopefully taking the time to respond if you can help me.
I have a Jandy JE3000T Heat pump that has been working perfectly fine for the last 5 years, here in FL.
A few days ago I noticed that the compressor would come up, but the fan would not.
The control panel at that point was working fine.

I assumed bad capacitor, so I took it out and tested it.
It is 7.5mf +-5%, but this one was reading 6mf at the most, so it was a little weak.
Ordered a brand new cap, tested and showed it to be perfect at 7.5mf, so I installed it.

The problem is that now the control panel is not responding at all.
It lights up, and the screen says that the heat pump is off, press the pool or spa button, but no matter what buttons you press it does not do a thing.

Just in case you are wondering, I did turn the breaker off, before changing the cap, and I already tried shutting it off and on again but there is no change.

Any suggestion????

Good morning! :wave: I see your post has been sitting for a couple weeks and I figured it was time to give it some love. I'm not a big heater guy, but we certainly have many on the forum. Please post back if you still need help. We'll try to keep this thread active and visible to help. Have a good day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.