Jandy Infinite WaterColors Coming Soon?

I Pity The Pool

Jun 10, 2023
Northville, MI
Hello everyone!

I am having a pool built for the first time. I have been disappointed that the various pool light options only include a set number of color options and changing colors is laborious. I guess I got used to all the advancements in LED lights recently. Anyway, I was about to finalize my light selection with my pool builder and I suddenly came across a new product on Jandy's website (Pool Lights: Color Changing Pool Lights | Jandy). The product is "Infinite WaterColors" and proposes to allow the instant selection of any color by touching a color palette in an app. See attached screenshots from their website. Further details on their site (or the internet, for that matter) are unavailable.

I called Jandy and a local supplier and both had heard of the new product but neither had much info. Jandy did tell me that it was supposed to launch in April 2023 but had no updated timeline. A day after my conversation with Jandy, the website reverted back to the previous advertisement and the Infinite advertisement has disappeared. Maybe coincidence, I don't know.

I believe this is an absolute gamechanger and am willing to delay light install until the product is released.

Has anyone else heard about these?

Furthermore, does anyone have any input on the latest generation of Jandy Nicheless lights (WaterColors Nicheless LED Lights with HydroCool Technology) and their failure rate? I would assume the new Infinite product would be the same build with a chip upgrade.

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• Jandy Infinite WaterColors Advertisement 1.jpg
    Jandy Infinite WaterColors Advertisement 1.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Jandy Infinite WaterColors Advertisement 2.jpg
    Jandy Infinite WaterColors Advertisement 2.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 25
If these aren't for sale now I think you'll be waiting a long, long time for them. I haven't had any issues with my watercolors. Lights are expensive but I'd suggest just getting the regular watercolors.

Hello everyone!

I am having a pool built for the first time. I have been disappointed that the various pool light options only include a set number of color options and changing colors is laborious. I guess I got used to all the advancements in LED lights recently. Anyway, I was about to finalize my light selection with my pool builder and I suddenly came across a new product on Jandy's website (Pool Lights: Color Changing Pool Lights | Jandy). The product is "Infinite WaterColors" and proposes to allow the instant selection of any color by touching a color palette in an app. See attached screenshots from their website. Further details on their site (or the internet, for that matter) are unavailable.

I called Jandy and a local supplier and both had heard of the new product but neither had much info. Jandy did tell me that it was supposed to launch in April 2023 but had no updated timeline. A day after my conversation with Jandy, the website reverted back to the previous advertisement and the Infinite advertisement has disappeared. Maybe coincidence, I don't know.

I believe this is an absolute gamechanger and am willing to delay light install until the product is released.

Has anyone else heard about these?

Furthermore, does anyone have any input on the latest generation of Jandy Nicheless lights (WaterColors Nicheless LED Lights with HydroCool Technology) and their failure rate? I would assume the new Infinite product would be the same build with a chip upgrade.

Thanks for reading!
They recently just got approved for release..I am installing some on a project next week these are definitely a game changer..Hayward OmniDirect was industry leading but Jandy just leapfrogged them Pentair is 20 years behind they are updating Intellibrite (architectural series = new lense/housing & light engine = brighter & more energy efficient & even Distribution but no update to colors or shows....

They recently just got approved for release..I am installing some on a project next week these are definitely a game changer..Hayward OmniDirect was industry leading but Jandy just leapfrogged them Pentair is 20 years behind they are updating Intellibrite (architectural series = new lense/housing & light engine = brighter & more energy efficient & even Distribution but no update to colors or shows....
That's great to hear Rod. Have you installed the Infinite lights yet? Any update on your experience in regards to how well they function or any pics you might have taken?

Thanks!

Can these be integrated into a Pentair Intellicenter?

Our excavation starts on 11/10 and we currently have 6 MicroBrites in our bid.

Are these lights a better option? Would I be losing any smart automation by mixing Jandy lights with Pentair automation?

Did you upgrade yours? My quote was $800 more for 2 pool, 1 spa and 2 nicheless for bubblers.
I opted for it but I'm months away from swimming.
This is surprising, actually. The proprietary transformer required for these lights is right around $800 alone I believe.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can these be integrated into a Pentair Intellicenter?

Our excavation starts on 11/10 and we currently have 6 MicroBrites in our bid.

Are these lights a better option? Would I be losing any smart automation by mixing Jandy lights with Pentair automation?
As far as I'm aware, you must have an Aqualink RS system to control these lights.

Further on my above comment, I noticed that the documentation for the new controller says it requires "Revision Y or later" firmware. I wasnt even aware there was a revision Y.

Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 10.49.43 AM.png

This is surprising, actually. The proprietary transformer required for these lights is right around $800 alone I believe.
Guess we'll see when they get to that point. It's in the contract but I'm the first customer that has asked for them - I won't be a Richard about it but they may not say anything and consider it a lesson learned; charge more next time.

Guess we'll see when they get to that point. It's in the contract but I'm the first customer that has asked for them - I won't be a Richard about it but they may not say anything and consider it a lesson learned; charge more next time.
Thats the attitude to take!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.