Jandy Heatpump connected to Jandy PDA not working

robl45

Oct 27, 2007
Parkland, FL
Hi,

Heatpump was working last year, Went to use it and the fan won't start up. The display appears to be long dead on the heat pump so I can't see anything. I don't see any errors on the PDA. Any ideas before I call someone? It was working less than a year ago.

Check the circuit breaker to the HP.

Check the maintenance disconnect by the HP.

Could be a bad capacitor in the fan motor.

Check the connection between the Aqualink and HP.

I flipped the breaker before. I see the light on the heat pump and if I press the buttons on it the lights come on but the display is dead. It’s never used anyway but difficult to tell what is happening. It always worked before. The pda says heat is on but it never connects. I can try to check the low voltage between them. It would be strange for something to have gotten loose

It is just an on/off relay connection.

The PDA does not know if the HP is running. It just closes a relay. You check the relay for continuity using a multimeter.

Do I just put the meter across the two terminals?
From what end are you looking at it?

Disconnect the wire at your heat pump and connect the meter to the wires. Turn the heat on and off at your Aqualink and if it is working you should see the relay open and close with continuity.

From what end are you looking at it?

Disconnect the wire at your heat pump and connect the meter to the wires. Turn the heat on and off at your Aqualink and if it is working you should see the relay open and close with continuity.
That is easy. But he do I test that the heat pump doesn’t have an issue turning on assuming the relay in the pda is working?

That is easy. But he do I test that the heat pump doesn’t have an issue turning on assuming the relay in the pda is working?
You have a problem doing that without the heater display.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Now 1 of the electric valves is only moving one way
Check the toggle switch on the valve that is not moving.

The toggle switch is three positions - ON1-OFF-ON2. Check the switch is not off. Move the switch to the other ON position and see if the valve turns.

Report what you find.

Post pics of your equipment pad and actuators.

Do what?

What is the model number of the HP?

How old is the HP?
Jandy AE2500T. I am not sure. I would guess about 13 years old. Will a repair place be able to figure out what is wrong without the display working? As I said it worked last year so I would assume the wiring is correct and something with the unit is stopping it from running.

Check the toggle switch on the valve that is not moving.

The toggle switch is three positions - ON1-OFF-ON2. Check the switch is not off. Move the switch to the other ON position and see if the valve turns.

Report what you find.

Post pics of your equipment pad and actuators.

It is raining, so I can't post pictures. I don't know which toggle switches you are talking about. I ended up pushing the actuator down to release the cam as I read to switch the positions. Now it appears to work again. They are connected to the Jandy PDA system. I don't have any switches.

Jandy AE2500T. I am not sure. I would guess about 13 years old. Will a repair place be able to figure out what is wrong without the display working?

Probably not.

As I said it worked last year so I would assume the wiring is correct and something with the unit is stopping it from running.

Doesn’t matter about last year. It does not work now.

So 175 dollars later it works. It was a freaking pebble. It got stuck in the T that runs to the flow switch.
That is a wierd one. Glad it was a simple fix.

Check your skimmer and pump baskets for holes that let that pebble get all the way through to the heat pump.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.