Jandy Gen-II vs DV2A Drives?

Robotty

Jun 8, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I have a VSPHP270AUT where the drive got water in it (controlled via RS8 with VS). I can buy a replacement drive unit (R0688600) for ~$800, and am pretty comfortable doing the drive swap, but looking at Jandy's site it seems all the pumps now use the DV2A drive ... but I can't seem to find any description of the difference between the Gen-II and the DV2A drives, so, a couple of questions for those of you that seem to have all the inside knowledge:
  1. What is the difference between the Gen-II and the DV2A? (other than metal housing vs plastic housing)
  2. Is the DV2A pump more energy efficient?
  3. Can I put a DV2A drive on the VSPHP270AUT?
  4. Should I just spend the extra ~$500 to swap the entire pump+drive for a VSPHP270DV2A rather than replacing the drive on my existing pump?
Really appreciate the help!

Last edited:
I did a really hacky overlay of the performance curve charts from these two PDFs:
Looks like they are identical at 3,450 RPM and the DV2A is slightly higher GPM at 1,200 RPM and 1,730 (at higher head).

Also worth noting the AUT says 2,400 max watts and DV2A says 2,250 max watts, but since the pump never runs at max outside of a minute or two of priming, this is hard to compare on a GPM/head basis.

Attachments

• pumpvs.png
    pumpvs.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.