Douglas, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
As a new pool owner I ran with the builders suggestions & that company turned out to be a disappointment. That said the actual crew doing all the work was amazing & I realize that's the heart n soul. I believe we got lucky on that major aspect. Just curious as to how this pump stacks up to other choices out there on the market.
I am concerned however with power consumption & believe their are best options. I also believe its under powered as I have to turn down my return to almost nothing to run waterfall, slide & bubbles.
That said I doubt I could justify replacing a new pump bit curious as to what's out there. Perhaps what should have been suggested based on my pool criteria, etc. Loaded question I know but heavy on my mind. Thanks

Jandy has VS pumps up to 2.7HP.

Compare the flow performance of your pump....

1691434639605.png

To what a 2.7 HP pump can give....

1691434697247.png

A high HP pump is typically needed to have enough flow to run a pool and water features simultaneously.

What flow rates do the manuals for your waterfall, slide, and bubbler say is required?

Appreciate that. I will look into that & get back to you.
I can't justify an upgrade this early on as things are working. My SWG is actually hitting my minimum TC target & I can balance the return to run all features at once. Just wish I had known more about well everything before getting in so deep. I would have done my own equipment. Something like this for a nickel more!!

Jandy has VS pumps up to 2.7HP.

Compare the flow performance of your pump....

View attachment 520518

To what a 2.7 HP pump can give....

View attachment 520519

A high HP pump is typically needed to have enough flow to run a pool and water features simultaneously.

What flow rates do the manuals for your waterfall, slide, and bubbler say is required?
Ajw22
Would this pump be a direct swap out? Or what would you recommend for an easy swap. I may do it before the end of the season but no doubt next season I need a VS pump. Need to up my run time without my energy bill. I'm not hooked on Jandy but dont have any issues with the brand.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.