Gulf Breeze FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
My only 3 year old (if that) jandy 2.7 epump has a bearing going out. New house for us so no warranty transfer. I’m not handy nor is my husband so I’m looking for recommendations on which pump to replace. Should I just keep the same model? Pool is about 12000 gallons.

And why would a bearing be going out this early? We had a pool guy dump all sort of chemicals including calcium into my skimmer. My water was all out of water whack when I went got it tested. Low calcium and alkalinity(27) could this be why? Obviously parted ways with that guy and I’ve been taking care of it since but it’s been nothing but trouble!!! My salt cell sensor just had to be replaced too! Sigh…..

Thanks.

The magnets in the variable-speed motors are a little too strong to recommend replacement by anyone other than a motor shop. You could hurt yourself or the motor. Be sure to get a new seal kit (especially a new shaft seal) to be sure there are no leaks and to help the new bearings last a long time. The Jandy ePump owner's manual has nice information on how to remove and replace the motor on your pump. Removing and repairing the motor is the sensible and economical way to go.

Us Floridians can get seemingly short life out of the bearings in these motors even if the shaft seal is perfect since we usually run them year-round.

Last edited:
PS I'm glad to hear that you are following TPF guidelines to do the maintenance yourself! Dumping calcium (and pretty much any other pool chemical) directly into the skimmer is a no-no. Calcium can generate a LOT of heat when it hits the water, but I would doubt that it killed your motor bearing unless it caused a shaft seal leak.

It was leaking a tiny bit on the part that goes to the filter but not for long at all and it was very small flowing towards the pump basket. No other leaks I noticed.
It was leaking a tiny bit at the union on top and was leaking towards the pump basket. But very minor and just needed to be tightened. I don’t see any water anywhere else

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.