Jul 1, 2022
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I noticed water puddling around the filter housing for weeks. At first I thought it was the air release valve may have been knocked after my spring cleaning. Its always dripped a little.
After making sure the top was completely dry I saw water around the top housing black union ring (dont know the real name). A deep clean replacing the O ring and still water forming. Air dried the top again and noticed water coming from under the warning label. Removed the label and pin size leak. URG
replacement top on the way it will take a 4-5 days.

Q1 - if the top is failing, should the lower half be replaced as well?

Q2 - Is it worth turning on the pool pump on a few hours a day to circulate the water? Florida 80-90 air temp, water temp 70s or am I at risk of a complete and catastrophic failure? Maybe some JB weld hold it off for a few days?

Attachments

• IMG_0533.jpg
    IMG_0533.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 2
I noticed water puddling around the filter housing for weeks. At first I thought it was the air release valve may have been knocked after my spring cleaning. Its always dripped a little.
After making sure the top was completely dry I saw water around the top housing black union ring (dont know the real name). A deep clean replacing the O ring and still water forming. Air dried the top again and noticed water coming from under the warning label. Removed the label and pin size leak. URG
replacement top on the way it will take a 4-5 days.

Q1 - if the top is failing, should the lower half be replaced as well?

Q2 - Is it worth turning on the pool pump on a few hours a day to circulate the water? Florida 80-90 air temp, water temp 70s or am I at risk of a complete and catastrophic failure? Maybe some JB weld hold it off for a few days?
With a crack like that it is always safer to leave the system off. The filter is a pressure vessel, subject to expansion when in use. Add a couple of gallons of chlorine and stir with a brush. Should hold you for a few days.

Reactions: FLCoach
With a crack like that it is always safer to leave the system off. The filter is a pressure vessel, subject to expansion when in use. Add a couple of gallons of chlorine and stir with a brush. Should hold you for a few days.
Yep my thought as well. I was going to add shock say Thursday and give it a good brushing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.