Mexicant11

Oct 20, 2021
Orlando, FL
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have been reading on TFP that many of the pools on here have larger filters than are often provided by the pool builders here in Florida. I currently have a Jandy CS200 cartridge filter (200sqft). I have contemplated upgrading to a Jandy CV Filter CV460 Cartridge Filter: Jandy Pro Series CV Cartridge Filter | Jandy

What would the benefits be besides less frequent cleaning of the cartridges? Smart move or waste of money? Any advice, recommendations, and input are much appreciated! I'm new to the pool owner thing.

Ensure you have sufficient room to install a new cartridge filter - refer to the dimension specs compared to your existing filter.
If you have a screened in pool, probably don’t need a larger filter because you have less debris. A larger filter will drop your operating pressure because there is more surface area for the water to flow through.
Please read

Reactions: Newdude
What would the benefits be besides less frequent cleaning of the cartridges?
That is really the biggest advantage and "PRO" of such an upgrade. Less openings.

If we're being honest, some potential CONS might be:
- Cost
- Larger footprint on the pad
- More work to clean compared to a single cart
- Additional parts (i.e. carts, manifold, etc) that could require attention in the future.
- If you ever had to do a SLAM, more work/openings to clean the carts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.