Jacksonville, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 700
I have been using a Jandy Aquapure PLC700 which just died after 18 months (The dreaded 120/121 error code). The installer just replaced it with the warranty unit that has a model number of R0452300. As best I can tell it is the same exact cell but it has a different model number. It seems that the PLC750 is labelled as such only when it comes along with the flow switch, unions, and cell cord but if you just buy the replacement cell the model number is R04522300. Does anyone know if my understanding is correct?

Also, replacing the cell didn't fix the 120/121 error so they will be coming back to troubleshoot the error. Are there any questions I should be asking or things I should know before they come to troubleshoot?

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. The pool tech was just here to look at the system. He confirmed that the PLC700 and R0452300 cells are identical and it is a difference as to what comes with the kit that decides the model number. For the warranty they just replaced the cell and PCB board. Not sure if it is specific to the installing company but he also said that they would replace an unlimited number of cells during the warranty period (though if they had to replace more than one would look at why the cells keep going bad). So for my warranty at least, it is three years from the date of initial SWG system install.

With respect to the continued 120/121 error codes, the PCB board install is different for the 700 vs. 1400 cells. He forgot to clip the orange sensor?, which is required for the 700 install else it will throw up false error codes. Photo attached.

Attachments

• Aquapure PLC 700.jpg
    Aquapure PLC 700.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 8
You can cut the orange jumper to set the board to the 700 cell.

The cord should be replaced when the cell is replaced.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.