Jandy Aquapure Chlorinator - thermometer calibration??

Megarms

Dec 23, 2017
Eldersburg, MD
The water temperature reading on my Jandy Aquapure power pack is reading about 3 degrees warmer than the Jandy heater and my Walmart thermometer in the skimmer (which are both the same).

Is there a way to calibrate the thermometer on one of these things?

Thank you

Do you have iAquaLink software? Got Menu, System Setup there is a button for Temp Calibration.

It shouldn't, but it makes me wonder if there is something wrong with the sensor. I guess I will need to call Jandy since my builder is clueless when it comes to this.
Most pool sensors seem to be rated at + or - half a degree F. Don't know about Jandy's specifically.

But that's not the whole story. The circuits that convert the sensor resistance to the displayed temp can also be off.

And we can't assume the two others are more correct. If the sensors and electronics are both leaning in opposite directions, a 3F difference seems possible even if everything is working within spec. I like Walmart, but they don't sell lab quality reference thermometers :)

My AquaPure and MasterTemp heater displays often differ by 2F. Not sure if I've seen 3.

At any rate, the purpose of the sensor is 1) to compensate the salinity reading (the salt sensor measures conductivity; that varies with temperature; but it's not very sensitive; the salt sensor _can_ be calibrated) 2) to turn the cell off below something like 50F and above 108F for safety and 3) to tell you what the water temp is. I'm no expert, but I'm not seeing a 3F error as a big deal for those functions.

I'd be interested to hear what Jandy says. Good luck with it.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.