Jandy Aquapure 1400 Salt Sensor Replacement - Cabling question

Jun 14, 2011
New Jersey
Hello Guys, last season I had some error codes that pointed to a bad salinity sensor and I purchased one a month ago or so before opening the pool this year. The part I ordered is Zodiac R0403800 with a 16 foot cord. The part looks exactly the same as my previous one except at the end of the cord it just had that simple white pin connector. This new part has the Tri-Sensor adapter (looks like a mini board attached to pin connector) and then also this extension thingy they call Cable assembly. I read through the instruction and none of the scenarios talk about installing this assembly without the tri sensor adapter and without the cable assembly as mine seemed to have been installed. The instructions look like the AKC13 board install fits what I have but again mine salinity sensor was installed bare without any accessories. I installed it the same way but I am worried it may not function without the tri sensor and the adapter. the AKC13 board install calls for the tri sensor and the adapter installation. I could not find anything on my board that said it was AKC13 (even though it looks it) so its even more confusing. I am hoping I ordered the right part because I found a video on youtube that looks exactly like my setup and the guy also installed the new wiring bare (links below).

Link to salinity sensor install that looks identical to mine.
Jandy AquaPure Flow Sensor Replacement (Error 172 181) - YouTube
Link to instructions I received with mine.
http://edc.poolsupplyworld.com/wpdf/r0537600_installation.pdf

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.