Jandy aquapure 1400 code 120

krisr004

Jun 15, 2023
Wilmington NC
Hi! I’m periodically getting code 120 on my aquapure 1400:
Low cell current in forward direction - check DC cord, clean cell if necessary or replace cell
And I’m wondering how I know if it’s the cell or the DC cord. I cleaned the cell in muriatic acid and it looks fine, but it is 5 years old.
What does “check DC cord mean” lol!

Thanks!

There is that cord that connects to teh 3 pins on top of the SWCG that goes back to the transformer.
When you pull up that plug, there are 3 vertical rods. Sometimes the base of them start to corrode.

There is that cord that connects to teh 3 pins on top of the SWCG that goes back to the transformer.
When you pull up that plug, there are 3 vertical rods. Sometimes the base of them start to corrode.
Also the contacts in the connector on the cord itself can get gunked up - had the 120 error code which went away after I scooped out the contacts with a bit of degreaser (pool liner cleaner + rinse well) , a small screwdriver + paper towel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.