Jandy Aqualink Thermometer

jls667

Sep 30, 2012
The thermometer on my Jandy Computer just started giving me a short error. Since there are two, I swapped them. The problem moved, so I assumed it was a thermometer error. I bought a new thermometer and the error did go away. I attached the "broken" thermometer on my Arduino to test the readings. It seems to be giving me perfect temperature readings after many days. What would the Jandy Computer be doing differently than my Arduino?

You probably fixed a wiring problem in moving things around.

Always good to try reconnecting a sensor before you replace it.

The thermometer on my Jandy Computer just started giving me a short error. Since there are two, I swapped them. The problem moved, so I assumed it was a thermometer error. I bought a new thermometer and the error did go away. I attached the "broken" thermometer on my Arduino to test the readings. It seems to be giving me perfect temperature readings after many days. What would the Jandy Computer be doing differently than my Arduino?
The housing covering the Jandy (and all) temperature sensors is plastic. They can get cracks, large or small, that allow water in. Enough water will read as a short at times. When it dries the "short" goes away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.