Bronze Supporter
Jul 31, 2021
So Cal
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm looking for a pipe I can swap in when my Aqua Pure is not in use for cleaning (for example). I have found "dummy" pipes for just about every manufacturer except Zodiac / Jandy Aqua Pure.

Below is a link to give you an idea of what I am looking for except for an Aqua Pure threads and length/size.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Find someone with an old depleted cell to use as a dummy cell.

"SPOOL" piece was the term that I needed to find this piece -thanks! I use liquid chlorine not salt (story for another day) -- so I just want to remove my salt cell -- think I could leave that Jandy Spool bypass piece in all year?

"SPOOL" piece was the term that I needed to find this piece -thanks! I use liquid chlorine not salt (story for another day) -- so I just want to remove my salt cell -- think I could leave that Jandy Spool bypass piece in all year?

Why remove the cell? Just disconnect it and let water flow through it. Save yourself the $100+.

Yeah, that's what I have been doing. Was just trying to save myself the cleaning and I guess maybe some "Wear/tear" of having it in the loop?

Yeah, that's what I have been doing. Was just trying to save myself the cleaning and I guess maybe some "Wear/tear" of having it in the loop?
What cleaning?

The cell will not need cleaning if it is not ON Even when ON it should not need cleaning with proper water chemistry.

There is no wear/tear.

Jandy is so out of touch with its consumers. I say consumers because they consider their customers as pool builders and pool stores. We, the consumers, are left out to dry paying unrealistic prices. Paying $180 for a “spool” is crazy. When I put mine in, I purchased 2 additional unions from Home Depot and put them in on opposite sides of plumbing line. So if I need I just undo those unions to put in a homemade spool. It cost $50 for unions and some extra pipe & fittings but clearly less than $180 to use Jandy’s proprietary unions and spool.

So if you are doing some other plumbing work - consider putting standard PVC unions 6-12 inches on either side of the Jandy SWCG.

What cleaning?

The cell will not need cleaning if it is not ON Even when ON it should not need cleaning with proper water chemistry.

There is no wear/tear.
Well that's good news... I haven't taken the thing out for two years! Yes, my water chemistry is solid. I test just about daily and keep everything in the ranges. I'll still take it out to check it out and if needed clean it. But otherwise sounds like I should be good. Was thinking might be other build up but I guess not based on what you're saying! Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.