Jandy Aqua Pure alternating error codes 125/194 ??

gocubs418

May 3, 2016
Dallas/TX
Hi all,

Cell is coming up right on 2 years old, I never cleaned it before (never had an issue before) so this might be my fault completely. From what I have read, this indicates the cell is dead or dying. Salt level is 3100.

1. Is it worth cleaning? If so, does anyone have a good instructional video or how to?

2. If 1 isn't an option, where is the cheapest place to get one, and easy to install?

3. How frequently should I be cleaning the cell?

I understand cells will die, I am fairly happy that it lasted 2 years, would have liked longer of course, but it has made my life extremely easy.

Thanks!

The cell needs to be removed and inspected for scale buildup. There is a good chance this is the issue. Make sure the sensor is clean.

If there is scale in the cell you need to plug one end of the cell and pour in a mixture of water and acid 4parts water to 1 part acid, until the bubbling stops. If the cell has scale you will need to learn to clean it as it is an easy thing to do once you've done it. Frequent cleaning of the cell will lead to an early death of the cell because the cleaning process removes a tiny bit of the coatings on the plates that convert the salt into chlorine.

I use a freeze plug to plug the cell, I also heard about using saran wrap and rubberbands to seal the end of the cell.

If the cell is free of scale then it doesn't need to be cleaned. Some users never need to clean the cell and others need cleaning all the time. It depends on the CSI of the water, if the CSI is positive it will lead to the scale building up inside the cell.

The cell needs to be removed and inspected for scale buildup. There is a good chance this is the issue. Make sure the sensor is clean.

If there is scale in the cell you need to plug one end of the cell and pour in a mixture of water and acid 4parts water to 1 part acid, until the bubbling stops. If the cell has scale you will need to learn to clean it as it is an easy thing to do once you've done it. Frequent cleaning of the cell will lead to an early death of the cell because the cleaning process removes a tiny bit of the coatings on the plates that convert the salt into chlorine.

I use a freeze plug to plug the cell, I also heard about using saran wrap and rubberbands to seal the end of the cell.

If the cell is free of scale then it doesn't need to be cleaned. Some users never need to clean the cell and others need cleaning all the time. It depends on the CSI of the water, if the CSI is positive it will lead to the scale building up inside the cell.

Alright. I will give this a go tonight. Thank you!

Manage your CSI to between -0.3 and 0 and you should have minimal buildup of scale in your SWCG.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The problem is usually a bad connection to the center plate or a corroded center post.

If you remove the two small screws that hold the plate over the two prongs, you can check the posts.

You can also look into the cell with a flashlight to see the plates and if the connections are good.

The 700 cell is only half the plates of a 1400 cell. So, it only lasts half as long.

If the aquapure was installed with all new Jandy equipment less than 3 years ago, file a warranty claim.

The problem is usually a bad connection to the center plate or a corroded center post.

If you remove the two small screws that hold the plate over the two prongs, you can check the posts.

You can also look into the cell with a flashlight to see the plates and if the connections are good.

The 700 cell is only half the plates of a 1400 cell. So, it only lasts half as long.

If the aquapure was installed was all new Jandy equipment less than 3 years ago, file a warranty claim.

It was installed with all Jandy parts.... now that you mention it, I believe you are correct. It should fall under 3 year warranty.

Thank you!!

Should I still clean the cell? There is like a little bit of calcium left in there. After the wash, the cell looked like it was in pretty good shape.

Edit: Called the boys at Jandy, they confirmed my dealer was a Pro Edge dealer, and I shouldn't have any issues with a replacement under warranty, he said "the fact that you did a MA cleaning is amazing as most customers will never touch it and wonder why a softball sized calcium deposit is in there".

I guess that $67K I spent is giving me some dividends :)

Hi all,

Cell is coming up right on 2 years old, I never cleaned it before (never had an issue before) so this might be my fault completely. From what I have read, this indicates the cell is dead or dying. Salt level is 3100.

1. Is it worth cleaning? If so, does anyone have a good instructional video or how to?

2. If 1 isn't an option, where is the cheapest place to get one, and easy to install?

3. How frequently should I be cleaning the cell?

I understand cells will die, I am fairly happy that it lasted 2 years, would have liked longer of course, but it has made my life extremely easy.

Thanks!

I personally clean mine monthly. Scale can build up very quickly and hampers the cell function.

I personally clean mine monthly. Scale can build up very quickly and hampers the cell function.

An FYI -- each time you use acid to clean a SWCG you reduce its life. The acid reduces the coating on the plates.

If you maintain your CSI between -0.3 and 0, you should rarely ever need to clean your SWCG. Mine has not needed cleaning in 4 years.

An FYI -- each time you use acid to clean a SWCG you reduce its life. The acid reduces the coating on the plates.

If you maintain your CSI between -0.3 and 0, you should rarely ever need to clean your SWCG. Mine has not needed cleaning in 4 years.

Hmm will have to check on that then. I still get buildup even though pool math says everything is balanced. Any idea why that might be? I was doing monthly since the manual says to inspect it that often.

Don't mean to hijack the thread of course.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.