Jandy Aqua Pure alternating error codes 123 , 125/194 , already replaced Port Sensor

May 28, 2016
NY
Hello!

Thanks in advance for all replies / help. I'm desperately looking for assistance with my Aquapure 1400 system.

Towards the beginning of last season I got some error codes. I believe it was the 125/194 codes (could be wrong on this). I clean my salt cell at the end of every season, and everything was pointing to the sensor that I read online. So I ordered a new port sensor from Amazon (it came with a new sensor indicator module Amazon.com : Zodiac R0452500 16-Feet Port Sensor with O-Ring Replacement Kit for Select Zodiac Jandy PureLink AquaPure Water Purification System : Swimming Pool Chlorine Alternatives : Patio, Lawn Garden ) and all was good for a little bit.

At the end of last season I started getting the 125/194 error codes.

194 Cell Current is 85% lower than desired and cell voltage above 19V (Generates 125 code – Cell dirty or needs replacement)
125 Cell needs to be cleaned

Since last summer in the NY metro was a lot hotter than normal I had bumped my chlorine production to 85% to maintain balance. I figured I was getting the 194 low current, which generated the 125, which was due to the cell being dirty. So since it was the very end of the season when I started getting the codes I cleaned the cell out (which was dirty) and closed the pool.

I opened the pool up for this season and I immediately got the service warning again w/ the 194 and 125 service codes. Then the code would go away. Then the code would come back as 123.

123 Extremely low current to cell

Then it would go away, and eventually come back as 194 and 125.

I can follow directions very well if I know where to begin but at this point I'm lost. Is it a bad cell? Is it a bad circuit board? The pool was built in 2007, and I think that all the equipment is original (I bought it in 2015). The salt cell has a S/N of D11GH0251 so if what I've been reading correctly it was replaced in 2011. Is that it? is there any way to be sure? I am about to rip it out and double check it but I didn't see anything wrong with it when I cleaned it. For background info the pool is 30k gallon, and the pump runs about 10/11 hours a day, and it's usually open from just after memorial day to just after labor day =]

Thanks!

All of the codes indicate that the cell has worn out and needs to be replaced.

There are some voltage readings that you can take that will confirm that the cell needs to be replaced and the directions are located in documents that can be found online. Google Jandy AquaPure Workbook and you should be able to find it. Some of the better ones will have a flow chart to follow.

Thank you.

I followed the steps w/ the multi meter and got interesting results. When I first took the circuit board and placed the leads from the multi meter to it I was receiving a steady 15.5 vdc. Then I moved the leads to the salt cell and got a fluctuating 10-38 vdc. This was w/ the Jandy set for 100% chlorination and cell on. I received error code 123 in this situation.

Then I repeated the test (killed the breaker, turned it back on) to make sure I got the same results and that I had good contact on the board. I got a steady 37.5 vdc on the board and 37.3 at the cell. This then generated code 125.

Is this still something I should buy a new cell for? Is this the board? Is there anything else to check before I spend $480 on a cell? If I have to I have to, I just don't want to spend that and then find out it's the board.

Thanks!!!!!

Hard to tell but it looks like it probably needs a new cell. 123 can happen from low salt. Do you have enough salt? I believe measuring from the board and assuming the unit is set to 100%, you should get a steady voltage reading. I also belive 37 at the cell is high and indicative of replacement. Someone else probably know better. YOu can get the kit with cord cell and sensor for under 500. Just make sure its the new style sensor with the plastic box.

Hey guys,
I also have a Aquapure 1400, and am receiving the 123 error code. I recently replaced the cell/cord/sensor because I thought the cell was going bad (about 3yrs. old). I don't think I am getting any reading at all with my multimeter at the cell? Does this mean the circuit board needs to be replaced, if so, which one? Thanks!

Make sure there aren't any other codes that flash other than 123.

Check the DC cord for damage, that is the one that connects to the cell. Make sure all the pins are tight.

Check the cell for scale and clean if required.

Report back what you find.

Hi.allerena..curious to know how is your new cell working...I was gettogether ng exactly the same error codes and replaced my entire salt cell kit ( bought it From amazon). Worked fine for a few days. The. I started getting 120/121 codes. My chlorine levels are good though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Ping,
I haven't seen any other codes that flash other than 123. The cell/cord/sensor is only about a week old. I will double check to make sure the pins are tight. I don't believe I am getting any voltage to the cell though.

Hey Ping,
I have the 1400 model. I checked the pins and also tested the board where the green & blk/wht wires connect (cord from the cell) and only get 0.0. All other board tests pass. I did just receive a 145 error code (reading the salt at 5300, I normally keep the salt at 3200-3400 and haven't added salt for two years). I recalibrate the salt to 3500 for now, (although I realized I never ordered a new salt kit this summer from TFT when I ordered my TF-100 refill kit, so I have that ordered to check the proper salt level. my 1.5yr. old TFT salt kit reads 4000, which I have a feeling is high from the old chemicals?), and I get the 123 error code back. Do I need a new main board? I see amazon has two boards, a front (which looks like the one I have) and a back circuit board (which I don't think I have one?). Thanks for helping me!!!!

I came on to the forum looking for answers and read Allarena's post - I have exactly the same thing going on now. It's been a hot summer and I've been running 100%. 123, then 125/194. Cell is clean, pool chlorine levels have been dropping. Voltage tests showed same as his. My cell is only 3 years old, I take very good care of it. Question is: These cells are in the range of $500+. Not chump change. I occasionally see this blue Compupool cell that says it's a direct replacement, and it costs $359. Does anyone have any experience with it?
Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.