Jandy 3-Way Valve - Will it Fit?

cipher

Jun 11, 2010
Oakville, Canada
I'm replacing a bunch of plumbing at my pump area and I'd like to replace the main line coming out of the heater that gets split into two lines, one going to the Stairs (2 returns) and the other going to two other Returns in the pool. Here is what this area currently looks like...

20230521_150532_HDR.jpg
What I'd like to do is cutoff those 2 elbows near the rocks and then extend both exposed pipes straight up about 4-5 inches into 2 elbows that feed into two Left/Right ports on a Jandy 3-Way valve (Jandy #4715). I'd then run a line from the Jandy's third Center port straight into my heater.

My concern here is if those two return lines near the rocks are wide enough that I could fit the Jandy with 2 elbows above them or if I would need to move that line on the left (marked RETURNS) even further to the left? I've also placed a tape measure to give an idea of how wide the separation is between those two lines.

Last edited:
Short answer no, you'll likely need to do some 45's up and out to get it to work. The jandy valve is 7" (tee and 2 way are same width) end to end( assuming the 2") and a 2" tee is 5.625" wide . With a street elbow center to center is 13"
20230521_141141.jpg20230521_141154.jpg20230521_141216.jpg

Reactions: cipher
Thanks Ahultin. My lines are 1.5", but based on the measurements you've shown me I suspect even those will be too wide once the 1.5 elbows are connected to the ports on the Jandy.

While I could use the 45's, I'd prefer the lines to run straight down so it looks like I'm going to have to dig down a bit and extend that left line a bit furthur left to accommodate the necessary width when it comes up out of the ground.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.