Myrtle Beach, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hi all, I recently used about a quart of Jack’s Magic Power Blue Scale Off to remove scale from my pool tiles (it worked well.)

Since then, I’ve noticed either a massive increase in FC demand or it’s affecting the tests. I’ve seen that other Jack’s Magic products can cause issues with FC testing, but wasn’t aware if this specific product would affect FC results.

Does anyone have any experience?

My current levels:
FC-8
CC-0
PH-7.6
TA-80
CH-400
CYA-70
Salt—3400

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks so much!

In the meantime, I've started a SLAM just to be safe...here are my updated numbers from this morning, pre-SLAM (some of the numbers last night were a few weeks old so I retested everything this morning):

FC-8
CC-0
PH-7.4
TA-70
CH-350
CYA-60
Salt—3000

Reactions: Texas Splash
SLAM update:
Even more convinced the Jack’s is messing with something…

My pool is fairly shaded…tested at 7:16pm last night and FC held at 24 from a 6pm addition of chlorine. Pool was losing plenty of FC while sunny, drop stopped once sun was off the pool.
At 8:30pm FC still at 24 (so I was feeling good.)

This morning at 6:00 am, FC down to 19.5.

SLAM continues…

SLAM update:
Even more convinced the Jack’s is messing with something…

My pool is fairly shaded…tested at 7:16pm last night and FC held at 24 from a 6pm addition of chlorine. Pool was losing plenty of FC while sunny, drop stopped once sun was off the pool.
At 8:30pm FC still at 24 (so I was feeling good.)

This morning at 6:00 am, FC down to 19.5.

SLAM continues…
Hey there, I’m about to start jacks magic on my fiberglass pool. I see it’s a direct spray product rather than an addition to the pool water.

I’m draining down to the first step as this also has what I’m told is calcium build up and will work on that first.

How was your time with this product? Happy with the results? I can’t find much info on it anywhere. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.