Mr mikeb

May 6, 2023
Bedford Va 24523
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I do just about everything except paint, no I’m a carpenter retired by trade. But if done a lot of trades involved in that area. I love outdoors and love my 2 dogs which love to hunt , I think that’s what they’re doing. My health has turned to retired but I’m busier than ever. Don’t get involved in pool to much just start up and winterize, but lately tired of spending and don’t know anything much.

Was trying to figure out what a t is called between skimmer and suction port, but idk what size hose is . I thought is was a 2” but later seeing all the fittings I was looking at it might be 40 mm which ain’t but 1.57mm that’s not my hose but if that’s the only choice I guess it is. I found a 3 way valve 1 1/2” with a shutoff valve I can turn to turn off suction port, when vacuuming. But that’s a hard one to find cause then you have to adapt threads. Any suggestions on a easier way.

If you need help with your equipment, you might consider starting a new thread in the appropriate sub-forum. Also update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. Lastly, if you do start a new thread, post some pics of everything you are working on. We'll be glad to help.

Reactions: Mr mikeb
If you need help with your equipment, you might consider starting a new thread in the appropriate sub-forum. Also update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. Lastly, if you do start a new thread, post some pics of everything you are working on. We'll be glad to help.
I sure will it’s about done filling up and I bought a T and some adapters fittings .? Thank god it fit so I know now that my hoses are 50 mm. Wish I would have bought a 3 way valve instead, not looking like it pushingvwater that hard, and I put a valve on skimmer so I can shut it off separately. It’s a stark pump 3400gph thought it would do better but it’s down deeper than before. I’ll take some pics tomorrow and post them. Some of the chemicals are like borax and baking soda not store bought chemicals that I have got so I’m just taking notes. What do you do just figure for the difference?

What do you do just figure for the difference?
One thing for sure, we don't guess or take chance with chemicals. Not just for safety, but because it can waste your money and cause more problems later. For that reason, we always encourage members to use a reliable test kit like the TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C to test their own water. Then post the results here or use the PoolMath APP. From there we can help just about any pool owner with their questions or concerns. For those that have chemicals laying around from a previous owner, we often tell them to post pics of the labels if present. If there are no labels or the stuff looks old, it's better off in the trash.

One thing for sure, we don't guess or take chance with chemicals. Not just for safety, but because it can waste your money and cause more problems later. For that reason, we always encourage members to use a reliable test kit like the TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C to test their own water. Then post the results here or use the PoolMath APP. From there we can help just about any pool owner with their questions or concerns. For those that have chemicals laying around from a previous owner, we often tell them to post pics of the labels if present. If there are no labels or the stuff looks old, it's better off in the trash.
No not old just bought it but I bought all amity increased, and ph up and stabilizer and liquid chlorine. I work on better testing using strips now have a kit but need more solution. Anyways was trying to input in logs but still struggling with the simplicity of the list compared to some chemicals I use. Thanks for responding , water looks great and it’s still cold but not real bad. Can’t wait to get in.

Actually harder than thought, it is a lot of work but it has to be right that’s not an option. I am a work aholic , love it keeps me young. Retired carpenter -whatever you need drywall , tile remodeler or new build same to me. Got to be right. My dad says even if you building a dog house make it the best dog house you ever built. Still do that everyday. Well done is the point I try to do. That’s all you can do

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support