J & J ColorSplash bulb question

rhythm

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 1, 2008
Lake Forest, CA
Hello,

Looking at replacing my old incandescent pool light with a J & J Color Splash LXG-W. It has the multi colors and also a separate dedicated white. I have noticed that there are a couple of different part numbers out there for what I'm looking to buy: LPL-P2-RGBW-120 and LPL-P3-RGBW-120. They appear to be the exact same thing. Anybody know what the difference is between these two part numbers?

Are there any other options out there if I'm just looking to replace the bulb only and not the whole fixture, and have something compatible with my iAqualink system? The J & J is the only thing I saw that appeared to fit my need.

Thank you,
Greg

Hello,

Looking at replacing my old incandescent pool light with a J & J Color Splash LXG-W. It has the multi colors and also a separate dedicated white. I have noticed that there are a couple of different part numbers out there for what I'm looking to buy: LPL-P2-RGBW-120 and LPL-P3-RGBW-120. They appear to be the exact same thing. Anybody know what the difference is between these two part numbers?

Are there any other options out there if I'm just looking to replace the bulb only and not the whole fixture, and have something compatible with my iAqualink system? The J & J is the only thing I saw that appeared to fit my need.

Thank you,
Greg
LPL-P2 is listed as a 23 watt bulb. LPL-P3 is listed as a 32 watt bulb.
The bulb operates on a series of on/off switching to change colors or light shows. So, yes it can be used with your Aqualink.
From the manual:
How To Change Light Shows Changing light shows: Power cycle pool light switch off/on as many times needed to match the desired light show’s specified number. Example: If you are on (10) Brazilian Red and want to display (3) Northern Lights light show, power cycle three (3) times to select and activate Northern Lights.

And, with the correct software revision on the Jandy:
Operates with Jandy and Pentair automation systems. Systems need to be programmable to operate Pentair Intellibrite 5G LED Color. Refer to owner's manual for more information.

Well heck, now I'm confused. I also found specs online that agree with what you said about the LPL-P2 being 23W and the LPL-P3 being 32W. So I ordered the LPL-P3 from an online store and upon receiving it I see that the box shows the LPL-P3 part number but also says 23 Watts max wattage.

I called the store and asked them if they could check stock and see if they have any Color Splash LXG-W bulbs there that say 32W on the box. They are checking...

I'll probably return the one I got anyway, because the front of the plastic lens has a bunch of abrasions/scuff marks on it.

Greg

Well heck, now I'm confused. I also found specs online that agree with what you said about the LPL-P2 being 23W and the LPL-P3 being 32W. So I ordered the LPL-P3 from an online store and upon receiving it I see that the box shows the LPL-P3 part number but also says 23 Watts max wattage.

I called the store and asked them if they could check stock and see if they have any Color Splash LXG-W bulbs there that say 32W on the box. They are checking...

I'll probably return the one I got anyway, because the front of the plastic lens has a bunch of abrasions/scuff marks on it.

Greg
Could just be a typo error on all the copy the sites use.

You want the 500W Eq Purewhite Led Pool light that part number is 26810.

Your old light was a 500W Not a 300W eq. If you want a color show 500W the part number is 26911

The difference between the 300W and 500W are night and day.

Hello, just wanted to follow up with my thoughts after making the purchase.

Thank you 1poolman1 and ferretbone for your help. I did call J&J - they are now Hayward, and the lady I spoke with wasn't able to tell me anything, saying that the J&J products are still new to them so she didn't have any information on them.

So, I purchased the 26910 bulb (LPL-P3-RGBW-120), figuring that it's probably the highest lumen output 120V Color Splash bulb they make. As noted, the sales literature says 32W max, but the box itself says 24W max. Not sure which is right or wrong, but I can report that I'm happy with the output of this bulb. On the pure white setting. it is easily as good or better than the 400W incandescent that I had at one time. Not as bright as the 500W bulb that I had, but still plenty of light. That was my main concern with getting the LED bulb, and I'll be keeping this one. The white light is a different look than the incandescent of course, sort of a slightly blue tint to it, but plenty of illumination. I like the look of it.

The colors are fun to have too. The novelty may or may not wear off, but in either case I'll still have a good white light that uses much less power.

Just wanted to pass this on in case it helps anyone.

Thanks,
Greg

Reactions: maxBR

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.