It has finally begun...New 24' AG (updated 8/8) DONE!!!!

Re: It has finally begun...New 24' AG (updated 8/7)

Plumbing work
dGcv8Zv.jpg

Pool is 90% full and we noticed this... Concerned???

My wife was inspecting the outside wall of the pool and noticed this:
NuK98b3.jpg

Should we be concerned? It appears to have buckled in at the very bottom from the weight of the water. It looked fine before today.

Re: Pool is 90% full and we noticed this... Concerned???

mod edit: I moved this post to your build thread so it could be viewed in context. Thanks, mod linen

motogp126 said:
My wife was inspecting the outside wall of the pool and noticed this:
NuK98b3.jpg

Should we be concerned? It appears to have buckled in at the very bottom from the weight of the water. It looked fine before today.
I would keep an eye on it. My guess is that the pool bottom rail is slightly out of round and is resisting the wall the wants to go round.

I have wondered if the pressure of the pool, when the kids get playing in it will fix or aggravate the problem. Is there anything at the base of the wall the is preventing the bottom rail from moving in an outward direction? Also, now that the liner has stretched into place, I wonder if you can't lift up up in the wall , in that section to see if the wall doesn't push out.

I ASSUME you leveled the pool and this area is not in an area where you added fill dirt to make it level with the high side of the pool. If you filled with dirt in this area, you could have a problem.

You'll never be able to pull up on that n try to straighten it. I have a section :oops: that looks like that but the track is straight instead of rounded n I'm just going to keep an eye on it. The pool is solid. Ultimately, I believe it is a high spot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.