Issues With Pentair Easy Touch Wireless Controller 4

Red,

Names are how you remember what is what.. The EasyTouch does not care what you call it.

I'm not sure why the main controller and your remote are not the same, but relabeling them would be the simplest thing to do.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim-
While looking at the EasyTouch case, I noticed some distortion near the Select switch so I’m assuming something overheated/shorted. So along with that idea I think that caused my other aux buttons to re assign themselves. I’m lucky that my Waterfall function still works which is all I use anyway. I appreciate the information. I’ll just re label the buttons.
I’m still trying to find a momentary switch like was linked in the pictures. The problem is the depth off the switch. It can’t be any deeper than a 1/2” and many of the switches don’t note the depth. I’m using a momentary rocker switch as a temporary solution.
Thanks again-
Mike

Here is the new Select switch. ATI-1203, 12mm, Clicky, Low Profile, Push Button Switch, Short Depth, Domed Top. Depth is 10mm with contact pins. I drilled a clean 7/16" hole with a paddle bit and then used a round file to slightly enlarge the hole so I was able to insert the switch by turning it clockwise and screw it into place. The bottom of the switch has contact pins with holes used for soldering the wires. Since I don't know how to solder, I stripped the wires back by 1/2" and ran them through the holes, twisted the wire around the pins and then used a 5 minute 2 part epoxy to the make connection and secure in place. Prior to applying the epoxy, I powered up the unit and tested the switch. Good to go. I'm going to a thin strip of gorilla tape to put the housing/case back together. I don't store it outside and if I have another issue I can easily take it apart. I want to thank Jim and Tom for their help and guidance.

Attachments

• IMG_1489.jpeg
    IMG_1489.jpeg
    411.7 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: ogdento and mknauss
I want to thank Jim and Tom for their help and guidance.
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP. We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.