Issues with NEW Polaris 380

tgodon

May 2, 2023
New Jersey
Our Polaris 380 was 18 years old and overdue for replacement. I purchased anew 380 and a new Polaris booster pump. I am having 2 issues with the new 380 that were not happening with the original one.

1. 380 primarily stays in the deep end. It will climb the slope towards the shallow end but ends up turning away and back towards the deep end and never cleans the shallow end. I assume this is an adjustment that is needed but not sure what at this point. In the deep end it has all wheels on the bottom and climbs the walls as it should.
  2. When the booster pump shuts off for the day, the 380 floats to the surface. The old one never floated to the surface. I end up disconnecting it so that it is not shooting water all over from the filter pump's pressure in the lines.

Thanks in advance. I did reach out to Polaris support on the floating issue and am waiting on a reply.

The 380 is just a random rolling cleaner. Is the hose on the new one set up the same way as the old one? Same length, same placement of swivel, backup valve in same distance from the cleaner? also, is the thruster jet at the back pointed correctly as that helps in random direction

My only thought on the floating, is there too many hose floats towards the cleaner?

Reactions: CarefreeTee
The 380 is just a random rolling cleaner. Is the hose on the new one set up the same way as the old one? Same length, same placement of swivel, backup valve in same distance from the cleaner? also, is the thruster jet at the back pointed correctly as that helps in random direction

My only thought on the floating, is there too many hose floats towards the cleaner?
Setup is the same as the old. As for the floating it seems to be air in the system. I can submerge it and it will fill up and sink, but then an hour or two later it is floating again. The Polaris hose near the connector and connector gets covered with air bubbles. Which is strange since I do not see air coming from the pool returns.

Setup is the same as the old. As for the floating it seems to be air in the system. I can submerge it and it will fill up and sink, but then an hour or two later it is floating again. The Polaris hose near the connector and connector gets covered with air bubbles. Which is strange since I do not see air coming from the pool returns.
I am thinking same as @Rocket J Squirrel, If you have no air in the pool returns then check your booster pump. Could the inlet to the booster pump be loose?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.