Is this the correct place to install the SWG in my set up?

texasAUtiger

Jul 10, 2021
Waco, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm looking at getting the RJ-60+. This is what my set up looks like.

pool set up3.png

I believe the yellow lines show my return flow to the pool. Does that seem correct?

If so, would I need to install it right before the 45 (in the bottom right) goes underground? Or is there a better place?

Also, I was thinking I would mount the control box to the left of my pentair box and wire it into the power supply for the pump (on the underside of the pentair box), so that if the pump receives power, the rj-60+ would receive power. Is this a doable plan?

Thanks for your input. I am tired of chasing LC...

The yellow line is your waste line. The tab feeder is on the return line. A vertical loop should fit there but you may need to ream the 3 way valve after the tab feeder.
Also, I was thinking I would mount the control box to the left of my pentair box and wire it into the power supply for the pump (on the underside of the pentair box), so that if the pump receives power, the rj-60+ would receive power. Is this a doable plan?
You will probably want a timer being so oversized. I mean. Bravo !!! But the SWG will only have to run a little bit when it's not the peak season. If it doesn't have low enough adjustments it will over produce by a mile.

If you have an EasyTouch system why not get the Pentair IntelliChlor with an IC60 cell so that you can control the SWG directly from the EasyTouch ?

The yellow line is your waste line. The tab feeder is on the return line. A vertical loop should fit there but you may need to ream the 3 way valve after the tab feeder.

You will probably want a timer being so oversized. I mean. Bravo !!! But the SWG will only have to run a little bit when it's not the peak season. If it doesn't have low enough adjustments it will over produce by a mile.

pool set up4.png

So the blue is the return?

The price difference is real. But with an almost 4X unit, it could last up to 10 years and $700 spread over the life means you can control the cell from the automation for $70 a season.

I do mine manually but with no spa, I get 2 to 6 weeks per adjustment so it's less of an inconvenience.

Reactions: texasAUtiger
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.