Is this Iron?

Briandpeterson

Jun 21, 2021
Iowa
Ok been slamming. CYA 50. FC 20. Last two nights have lost no chlorine. Yes I use well water. I have tested it many times and iron count is very low. No rust in tubs, etc. Replaced pump years ago and well guy was shocked the pump looked new!!!

Anyway, I have had a pool for 4 years. I don't remember ever having this issue before. This time I have followed slam to a T. My water over the winter did not lose its CYA which was odd and new.

I need an opinion of this photo. I wonder if this is not algae. But iron. I wonder if I let FC drift down to 5 ppm it will go nice blue like it usually is. Or am I screwed and have to do Polyfill?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240511-204552.png
    Screenshot_20240511-204552.png
    594 KB · Views: 19
The reason I ask is Slamming guide says never stop until it's clear water. But my brain goes green is not clear! Keep slamming. People say a sand filter takes forever to clear it out. But based on how clear to the bottom, but green. I think I need to let FC drift down and see what I got. Agree?

Thats for stains, right? The sea green water is what I am trying to fix. That dark line in the photo is just some dirt particles caught in the liner seam. No big deal. I live off a gravel road. Dust is a constant battle. My water is pretty clear to the bottom. Not cloudy.