Is this dirt or some kind of alge

Jul 6, 2013
Waxahachie, Tx.
I hope this is posted in the right locaton.I dont post very often so I will start with my numbers.
FC 8, TA 80, PH 7.8, Wtr temp 64, CH 250, % output @ 40%, Salt content Avg 2200, Instant 2700, Tested with Taylor kit 3400. CYA not tested.
Pool is clear, FC has been staying around 6-8. The brown stuff you see in the picturesseems to hang around theflat surfaces in a very light dusting and in the lower circulation areas.
It feels like a very fine substance. Now we have had a lot of rain this year. I keep my carttidge filters clean and rotated. I have not done a overnight chlorine loss test.20230330_095145.jpg20230330_095152.jpg

It is an absolute daily fight to get pollen out of my pool this time of year. That's my guess. So bad it just clumps up on the bottom and looks like somebody poured in a yellow pile of salt. I use hairnets on my skimmer basket and even changing them twice a day won't keep up.

It is an absolute daily fight to get pollen out of my pool this time of year. That's my guess. So bad it just clumps up on the bottom and looks like somebody poured in a yellow pile of salt. I use hairnets on my skimmer basket and even changing them twice a day won't keep up.
I run a standard skimmer and a pool skim attachment that has always done me well. Maybe I need to increase my rpm a little bit until I get this figured out

I do plan on doing a OCLT just to be sure
GREAT. Anytime you suspect anything brewing, go straight to OCLT. Don't come ask, just do. Then come tell us why you did, and we'll high five you and help pass the time waiting for the results. :)

I found I had to do an OCLT between 1 and 3 times each spring. Alot can happen in a couple weeks and it's always better to prove it again if it's been some time since the last one. Then you can sleep like a baby in-between brushings while you wait for the filter to catch up.

Reactions: rmturner54
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.