Is this an issue… moving part on Jacuzzi jet

Your call. Based on the fact that you recently completed a purge with very little biofilms I don't really think that another purge is called for. However, you had much discoloration on your cleaning pad which indicates that some of the gunk stuck to your acrylic.

Your call. Based on the fact that you recently completed a purge with very little biofilms I don't really think that another purge is called for. However, you had much discoloration on your cleaning pad which indicates that some of the gunk stuck to your acrylic.
I am considering it. The thing is… I suspect that if I once again clean the acrylic with a pad, the pad will be as filthy as what you see in the photo. Before the purge, that sticky residue was collecting on the acrylic. After the purge, it continues to do so but much less so. The purge did not completely solve the problem, nor did it produce a lot of gunk, but it must have helped somewhat.

Though it is quite cold up here in Montreal, part of me feels that one last purge may get rid of another layer of whatever is causing this. This weekend is the last chance before the real cold sets in. Basically it is my only resort for possibly solving this issue.

What is causing this? No idea. The only thing I can think of is that it was something that built up during the second and third months of owning the tub… basically from the time the CYA levels got so high that the chlorine was ineffective, and the point at which I half-emptied the tub to bring the CYA levels down and began using liquid chlorine.

To clarify, we’ve only had the tub for four months. It’s brand new. I do hope we will move on from this issue seeing as it, along with having hurt my lungs with chloramines approx. three weeks ago, has dampened my enjoyment of the spa. Good times!

I gave the acrylic another cleaning with a pad. This is what it looked like again. Also, this is what the debris bag looks like. I have been in the hot tub alone three times since the purge. I shower before. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_6628.jpeg
    IMG_6628.jpeg
    569.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6627.jpeg
    IMG_6627.jpeg
    652.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reactions: Daddyd
Residual Biofilm. Nothing to worry about Providing you always have sufficient sanitizer present in the water.
Purge it again in the early Spring when your temperatures are above freezing. Enjoy the tub over the Winter Season. It's the best time of the year for soaking.

Residual Biofilm. Nothing to worry about Providing you always have sufficient sanitizer present in the water.
Purge it again in the early Spring when your temperatures are above freezing. Enjoy the tub over the Winter Season. It's the best time of the year for soaking.
Just saw this message. Well I went ahead and am doing another purge. For whatever reason, a lot more gunk is coming out this time as opposed to last. It’s great to see. I also picked up a Ridgid 14 gallon 6.0 peak HP wet/dry vac. This time I am going to EMPTY it out.

Reactions: RDspaguy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.