Is this a safe way to add in CYA, Muriatic Acid and Calcium Chloride?

Heard

Jan 3, 2022
SE Asia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
For the last few days I've been adding about 1 liter of Muriatic acid per day to reduce alcalinity to manageable levels.
I've been premixing acid in a bucket since the purchased 20 liter container is too big and heavy to be practical to use for a direct poor method.
I've also been running the pump on high for about an hour afterwards. No swimmers are allowed during that time.

Now I'm getting ready to start adding granulated CYA and Calcium Chloride via the sock method.

1. Is it safe to place both CYA and Calcium filled socks in the pool at the same time?
2. Can swimmers use the pool with socks in water, dispersing chemicals?

Thank you.

CYA is safe to be in the pool with. Kids can even help it dissolve. For the calcium you should broadcast that into the pool. When it reacts with water it's hot enough to burn.

You don't need to pre mix the muriatic acid. The less you handle it the better. 20 minutes is good enough wait before swimming.

Last edited:
've been premixing acid in a bucket since the purchased 20 liter container is too big and heavy to be practical to use for a direct poor method.
I usually pour the required amount of muriatic acid into a measuring cup and pour it that way slowly at the return jets. This way I'm not trying to hold (awkwardly) a one-gallon bottle of acid and I am sure I am adding the correct amount of acid. The acid should disperse very quickly once in the water.

Reactions: Heard and PoolGate
Incase you missed it, here’s the guide for safely lowering ta
👇

Reactions: Heard
CYA is safe to be in the pool with. Kids can even help it dissolve. For the calcium you should broadcast that into the pool. When it reacts with water it's hot enough to burn.

You don't need to pre mix the muriatic acid. The less you handle it the better. 20 minutes is good enough wait before swimming.
How long does it take for calcium granules to dissolve?
At what point does it become safe for swimmers to enter the pool?

How long does it take for calcium granules to dissolve?
At what point does it become safe for swimmers to enter the pool?

When I've done calcium it was very quick like minutes. I broadcast off the end of the diving board. I'm not sure it's an issue once it hits the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.