Is there a way to turn off dark mode in pool math?

aztodd

Gold Supporter
Apr 11, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-35
I have dark mode enabled on my phone (so that the menus, settings, theme, etc are dark), but most apps I override this to just be light mode.

Pool math doesn't seem to have any option to override this and just uses whatever the system default is.

I find it really hard to see what's on the screen in dark mode outside in full daylight which is where I'm usually using pool math.

Am I missing the setting somewhere? If there is no setting, I would like to request that one be added.

Most apps have a setting with three options: System default, Light mode, Dark mode

Thank you!

Menu > About TFP > App Theme > Always Light

It’s kinda in a hidden spot as there’s really no other spot to place it, but all the way at the bottom it’s there. 👍

This said, I’m wondering if there’s a bug here. Can you test the path above and let me know if your selection “sticks?”

This said, I’m wondering if there’s a bug here. Can you test the path above and let me know if your selection “sticks?”

Thank you! I was looking in the settings menu, I didn't think to look in here.

My selection is sticking so far, yes. I restarted the app and it still stayed in light mode for me (I'm on Android)

Cheers

This screenshot is from the website while the OP is asking about the PoolMath App.

Can you try to select always Light and then force close the App? Let me know if the setting “sticks.”
The setting sticks through forced closes on iPad.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow, I was going to post the same question last night. Didn't think the screen option would be under "About TFP" Thanks for the help. Maybe this option should be under Setting, Advance settings...

I just tested on iOS and the selection for Always Light sticks even after force closing, but the menu option reverts back to Default. So essentially the app is in light mode, but the menu shows Default as the selection. Hope that helps!

Reactions: Leebo
I just tested on iOS and the selection for Always Light sticks even after force closing, but the menu option reverts back to Default. So essentially the app is in light mode, but the menu shows Default as the selection. Hope that helps!
That’s what I’m seeing as well. I wasn’t sure however if this bug was on the live version as well as in testing or not. Added this to a list to go over with the developer. 👍

Wow, I was going to post the same question last night. Didn't think the screen option would be under "About TFP" Thanks for the help. Maybe this option should be under Setting, Advance settings...

Two things really quick. First, the dark mode setting was implemented into PoolMath before the advanced menu was thus the main reason it ended up where it did, there simply was no other spot to really put it. Second, as we fast forward to now where there is an advanced menu where the title sounds like a logical place, there’s a second issue. The advanced menu can be customized per pool while a user likely would want their theme to stick App wide. This means we’d have to connect things from pool to pool to make it where the theme updates all over the App, which is an extra set of steps and issues. I do agree this setting isn’t in the perfect place, but other spots have some issues as well.

Is it possible to receive notifications from PoolMath on iOS? For example, I have it set to remind me to backwash. I don’t recall receiving a notification on my phone when that time comes up, but I do see the reminder in the app so I’m assuming that’s not part of the current functionality.

If I was in the app as much as I should be, I’d see the reminder there, but I’d like to get a iOS notification too if possible. Just my .02!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.