Is there a way to automate just one valve with out going all in on automation

microbioman91

Jun 9, 2022
Redlands, CA
2360E87D-4F52-47EA-8AF1-EFF1EA3B4A5D.jpegCurrently my raised spa spill over drains out of the jets back into the pool. I would like my spill to run when the pump is on. But currently with the spa return open and the spa drains closed as soon as the pump stops, the water flows back through the jets and exposes the plaster in the raised spa. Also can anyone explain what that bypass blue valve is for?

It looks like you have a similar set up to mine. When the valves are in pool mode (returns and suction to and from pool) the bypass valve allows a measured amount of water to be directed to the spa returns to push water over the spillway. The check valve just past the bypass valve should prevent water from draining out of the spa when the pump is off. The way the valves are positioned now means no water is going to the spa.

It looks like you have a similar set up to mine. When the valves are in pool mode (returns and suction to and from pool) the bypass valve allows a measured amount of water to be directed to the spa returns to push water over the spillway. The check valve just past the bypass valve should prevent water from draining out of the spa when the pump is off. The way the valves are positioned now means no water is going to the spa.
Man you are a life saver. Spillover is working fine now.
Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.