Is the Liquidator truly easy to install?

Thanks, Highlandreef. Sadly, I ran right out and started the installation before I read your post. So... two holes for me. :-( It's not a bad thing, per se, though I'd admit I'd rather have 1 hole in my piping than 2. Ah well.

Anyway, it's in! Installation went fine. Definately took me longer than an hour, but I'm very paranoid when it comes to this sort of thing so I check and recheck before and after I do something so I don't have to fix a bigger problem afterwards.

I have several questions, though. (for a change)

1) with my CYA of 40-45, my target FC is 5-6. Is the LQ capable of maintaining the level of FC I need or does it have a maximum ppm that it can accomplish? It's at the suggested 'starter' spot of 3 right now. Reckon' I should've asked this particular question BEFORE I bought it. What can I say...*shrug*

2) I've read on the Pool Chemistry part of TFP (http://www.poolcalculator.com/chemistry.html#SUG) that a pool with high levels of direct sunlight (mine does) should have a CYA of 60 - 80. Bama Rambler, you were adamant that I not increase my CYA. I have not. I've no doubt you know what you're talking about, but I'm wondering why the discrepancy.

3) What do I do with the LQ when backwashing or anything other than the typical 'Filter' setting? Anything special?

4) What about when it's time to close the pool? Any special actions i need to take besides disconnecting all the hoses and cleaning it? I assume I should pack the whole thing up and put it inside. Can I leave the holes in the pipes open?

Thanks in advance.

1. It should be able to maintain that FC without any problems.
2. You should have your CYA set already and as long as that's the case, don't change it just because you installed the LQ. If you want to adjust it to improve your FC loss, that's fine.
3. Don't worry about doing anything to the LQ when backwashing, etc. It'll be fine.
4. I took the suction hose loose and used it to suck the liquid out of the LQ. It emptied the LQ and helped me raise the FC before closing. Then clean it out and store it. It's fine to leave the holes open.

Thanks again for the answers Bama. I'm sure I'll have more!

Here you go toadlife!

Note the size of the LQ. It's a good size so that'll have to be planned for. I got lucky that I had a space on the slab to put it.

[attachment=0:3dry60f0]LQ_installed.png[/attachment:3dry60f0]

Attachments

• LQ_installed.png
    LQ_installed.png
    381.4 KB · Views: 35
Thanks for the pic. I might be able to fit it right next to my pump, but if not I can shove it behind the spot where the old defunct heater is still sitting.

pool_pad.jpg

Looks like it. The LQ comes with a 12' hose which proved good for me, even a little long. I'd say the only concern for you if you put it behind the heater is making sure you have enough hose to go all way to the pipe in front of the basket. Also, try and plan where you're going to tie the flow indicator before you start cutting the hose. It has to be sitting straight up in order to work.

BTW, like the shiny new filter. Very nice.

Oh, and welcome to TFP as a registered user! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.