Is my pool dead?

ChandlerInFBGTX

Feb 15, 2024
Fredericksberg, TX
I’ve attached some photos and our pump normally runs 9 AM to 9 PM. I noticed the other morning before 9 AM. I could hear the spa pump quietly running without suction and you can see in my photo of my pool. That spa pump is pumping enough to create the waterfall effect on our hot tub. However, our main pump is not turning on with our schedule, and there is no suction in either of these pumps and the cartridge filters reading zero PSI. Where to start? I have no idea why all this is falling apart all the sudden other than the fact it’s over a decade old owner of the home. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_3836.jpeg
    IMG_3836.jpeg
    617.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3839.jpeg
    IMG_3839.jpeg
    649.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3838.jpeg
    IMG_3838.jpeg
    298.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3837.jpeg
    IMG_3837.jpeg
    274.3 KB · Views: 25
Please see latest photos: the Intelliflow pump is the main pool pump and it has the controller on top of it. There is no noise coming from this pump and the controller on top appears off. I tried hitting some buttons and it didn’t do anything.

The pump next to that is making a normal sounding running noise. I can put my hand to it and feel vibration, so it is definitely pumping or running. This whisper flow pump is specifically for our spa and apparently is pushing water because our spa is Filled up and doing the waterfall effect so I’m hoping that’s good. I have no idea how to turn off the spa/whisper flow pump. It is normally AUX 1 on the control board in the photo.

You can see that “filter pump” is lit up red signifying that it is on according to our schedule but it really is not. We run a 9 AM to 9 PM pump schedule so it thinks it’s on at least… again, I can’t turn the filter pump button off because the pool pump IS ALREADY OFF. When I hit three button it just turns the red light off. 🤷 aux 1 would normally turn the spa pump off but it doesn’t do jack either 🤷

Attachments

• IMG_3840.jpeg
    IMG_3840.jpeg
    398.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3841.jpeg
    IMG_3841.jpeg
    448.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3842.jpeg
    IMG_3842.jpeg
    284.8 KB · Views: 9
Small correction: the spa pump is running with full suction because I can see air bubbles in this photo where my hand is placed. Although I have no idea how to turn the spa pump off. So in summary, the main pool pump, which is called filter pump on my easy touch control board is not on. There is no pressure in the cartridge filter and the panel on top of the flow variable speed pump does not react to any button inputs. Easy touch computer is acting like it remembers my schedule based on the filter pump light being on red but turning it on and off does not do anything nor does turning AUX1 off and on do anything either (spa pump).

Attachments

• IMG_3843.jpeg
    IMG_3843.jpeg
    396.8 KB · Views: 1
Seems like it’s not getting power. If you have automation, I’d guess there’d still be something on that screen.
I do not have automation so unfortunately cannot provide further guidance. There are others here who know more about this so hopefully someone can help you troubleshoot further.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This is blank and I tried hitting every button on here and -nothing. This is located on the main pool pump. Strangely the spa pump next to it is running (and can’t find a way to shut it off)
Check the circuit breaker and make sure it’s not popped

Reactions: kul
Circuit breaker looks good. Again, main pump doesn’t seem to be on or have power to the touchpad on it & the spa pump is running on its own. Normally spa pump can be turned off on the Easytouch at AUX1. It doesn’t do anything now- just runs

Sounds like you may have to call someone to check if the circuit breaker is on and it doesn’t have anything displayed on it, it sounds like power is not getting to it

Reactions: kul