Is my liner improperly cut around the skimmer?

Johnson TX

Jul 2, 2012
Dallas Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi everyone,
3 weeks ago I had my liner replaced and the company sent out a horrible crew. They pulled the pool wall and cause 2 sides to collapse causing river rock to fall 2 ft down. ( Pool is partial buried) Found out Friday that brand new skimmer is cracked and had another pool company come to replace and redo my hard plumbing.
The new pool company is now telling me that they won't touch anything bc I need a new liner! They said the original installers cut the liner too short. I was told it is supposed to be long enough to wrap around the metal wall and then you add the skimmer gasket and faceplate. I called the original installers and they got upset, why wouldn't I call them and this new installer doesn't know what he is talking about. She said the liner is cut correctly and once the screws go into to place the gasket and faceplate will create a seal and it will not leak.
Can any of you look at this picture and tell me if this is cut incorrectly? The cost to add a new liner is going to hit the wallet not to mention we haven't even been able to swim in it this year bc of other pool issues.
Thank you very much!

Screenshot_20230723_112249_Gallery.jpg

I'll start by saying I'm not an expert, but my liner is installed as your new installer recommends. I attached a picture.PXL_20230723_164547792.jpg

I have had a beaded and overlap liner (2 different pools) and it looks like they cut the liner after the skimmer was installed which is correct.

Looking at the photo it lookes like the liner is somewhat larger then the opening which to me indicates they cut the liner after the skimmer frame was installed. On my skimmer you can see the liner a little protruding into the skimmer (1/16th of an inch?) . Some skimmers have a butterfly gasket that goes over the outside frame into the pool over the liner and you don't see the liner at all but I don't think every skimmer is installed the same way. I think both my pool's skimmers are/were installed without the butterfly gasket.

I think using a butterfly gasket you should be ok.
Can you take a pic from inside the pool?
What skimmer do you have?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.