Is my chorine feeder valve plumbed backwards ?

Jul 10, 2016
College Station
Hi Guys,

I rarely use my tab except when going on vacation for week or two. I'm wondering if the valve is installed backwards because when I just got back my chlorine levels were really high. I had the feeder set on number 2 ( 5 is max ) and chlorine was very high when getting back. Level was over 8.0 FC. In image below the the numbers on dial are at top of image. Should the black valve be flipped so numbers would be then at bottom of image ?

http://tinypic.com/r/293hkhy/9

Another question I have is does the run time of the pump cause more FC to go in ? For example if the pump is run 6 hours instead of 3 hours will this double the FC coming from feeder ?

Cheers,
Steve.

Attachments

• IMG_0629.JPG
    IMG_0629.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 61
I don't believe the valve is one-way. I would check mine but it is in the landfill somewhere..... Keep in mind the chlorine demand this time of year is pretty low which could contribute to the increase in FC. What is your CYA level? This will tell us if the 8ppm is concerning or not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.