Is it possible to buy liquid chlorine on the Internet (with taxes, shipping & exchange to and from your residential pool) in normal home quantities?

Gary Davis

Aug 29, 2022
Modesto, California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Is it possible to buy liquid chlorine on the Internet (with taxes, shipping & exchange to and from your home pool) in normal residential quantities?

There are two main threads discussing the current high price of liquid chlorine which prompted this specific question about shipping.
Given those threads are all about prices, this thread is NOT intended to be solely about prices.
Nor is this thread intended to be about pucks or SWCG pools (as there are plenty of threads on alternative sanitation methods).
  • This thread is about availability
  • Of SHIPPING LC to your home
  • In residential quantities
This thread is ONLY intended to be about whether or not any of us can get liquid chlorine over the Internet, in home-sized quantities, shipped to our homes.
We'd all benefit from the availability of an Internet source of residential-sized liquid chlorine quantities, which is why I'm asking this question of everyone.
(I'm aware you can "purchase" LC from Home Depot & Walmart online - but as far as I know, they won't SHIP it to your home.)

As for "normal" quantities (well under a pallet size which is considered industrial), personally I generally exchange four or five cases at a time (yes, I know the higher the percentage, the sooner it degrades to the lower slower-degrading percentages but it's a long drive to the pool store in an out of the way location so I can't easily stop by every few weeks just for liquid chlorine). I suspect most people exchange half that amount (as they may live closer to the pool stores).

Which means, for this thread, "residential quantities" is probably around two to four to eight gallons (I would think) at a time.
  • Not a pallet!
If there was an Internet source (with shipping) of either the two-packs or the four-pack exchanges, everyone here would benefit from the possibility.
Is there?

Attachments

• hasa.jpg
    hasa.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 7
  • hdxchlorineprice.jpg
    hdxchlorineprice.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 6
  • lowes.jpg
    lowes.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 4
  • walmart.jpg
    walmart.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 5
  • pallet.jpg
    pallet.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 5
  • barrels.jpg
    barrels.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 2
  • barrel.jpg
    barrel.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 5
  • chemical.jpg
    chemical.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You can buy liquid chlorine from Amazon, but the price will be high and they won’t do any sort of exchange.

As far as an inexpensive delivery and exchange service for a couple of gallons, it’s highly unlikely that anyone will be interested.

No one is going to ship you liquid chlorine and then exchange your empty containers.

Who’s going to do this, the UPS/FedEX/USPS delivery driver?

It makes no sense.

Maybe a local pool service company would do an exchange service if you are willing to pay enough.

All Pure Pool Service - Modesto

520 Galaxy Way. Modesto, CA 95356.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise

So I went ahead and made a bogus profile to see the shipping. It's a skootch more than the chlorine per case. :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot_20221121-150533_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: JamesW
Small parcel packages require a haz-mat fee min. of $39.00 per UPS policy.

However, residential addresses are subject to a "Residential Address/Limited Access" fee by the common carrier. That fee is a min. of $35.00 and is included in your LTL Freight charges at checkout.

24.99 + 35 + 39 + 25.12 = $124.11.

That's only $31.03 per gallon; not bad really.

Last edited:
BULKCHLORINE.COM - A Div. of L.P.S.S., Inc

LEISURE POOL & SPA SUPPLY.

1405 North Indiana Avenue. Syracuse, IN 46567.

Business Name: LEISURE POOL & SPA SUPPLY, INC.

Business ID: 2008123000712

Entity Type: Domestic For-Profit Corporation

Business Status: Active

Creation Date: 12/30/2008.

Principal Office Address: 1405 N INDIANA AVE - SR 13 N, SYRACUSE, IN, 46567, USA.

Expiration Date: Perpetual

Jurisdiction of Formation: Indiana.

To answer your question- yes, it’s possible, even walmart will “ship” you liquid chlorine/bleach sometimes this varies by the day sorta like ordering tp online from Sam’s. I think it’s because they (Walmart) actually uses a delivery service from a local store even though it says shipping. This is a beta program in most areas. It has occurred for me with multiple purchases earmarked for shipping, I place my order & a couple hours later “Reginald” or whoever delivers some of my items. I haven’t tried it with liquid chlorine but when I do I will report back. It’s out of stock now.
Lowes, Home Depot, Ace hardware etc. will deliver for a fee. Several people here use that option especially with the price of gas, the delivery fee can be worth it if purchasing large amounts since it saves many trips.
As mentioned, Amazon & other retailers will ship for a hefty fee.
The problem with buying online (for shipping, delivery, or pickup) is that you can’t verify it’s date code BEFORE you buy it so oftentimes the convenience is nullified by the fact you just paid for & waited for a $5 or more gallon of essentially salt water but you still need to chlorinate your pool. Then there’s the return/refund hassle.
The best option & generally the most cost effective one at this time is still in person purchasing somewhat in bulk if possible to ensure the freshest product then storing it properly so it retains its potency for as long as possible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.