Is it OK to install a rechargable LED pool light on the stairs of my spillover spa?

May 16, 2017
Clifton Park, NY
My spillover spa was installed without any lights. (Who does that??) I have tried various floating lights - just not happy with effect. I just purchased a rechargeable LED light (Main Access Smartlite Underwater LED Light). The mounting bracket is to be installed to the step with four small 3/4" long screws. I am getting cold feet about drilling into the stairs. Any pool installers out there? Is this OK to do?

Image 5-25-23 at 7.40 PM.jpegIMG_4533.jpeg

This is a personal opinion and is NOT TFP endorsed or backed with any other articles on TFP.

I would not drill any holes into my spa. I think it would NOT be trouble free.

Reactions: snookums
It did, but it doesn't fit the returns on my spa. It would fit the returns on my pool...but spa is a different set-up.
Bummer, can you drop the water level in the spa enough and just use some silicone caulk? You'll need to let it fully cure before filling back up bit ot looks like you are fiberglass so that shouldn't be an issue

Reactions: snookums
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.