Is it closing time?? (for you upper midwest folks)

Here in ND its been cool, but not unusual. This whole season has been a weird one. I keep my pool cover on and take it off when its full sun. Water is 82-85 most of the time even though the temp is in mid to upper 70s. Next couple weeks will improve for sure. 90 today, but boy we sure could use rain. We are really dry since Mid June. Farmers are starting to get a bit nervous with not having much rain. I being one of them!

Hope the rest of the season is better for all. Happy Swims everyone!

Wow, and here just north of you in Manitoba, we are sick of almost a full month of cold, cloudy, rainy weather. Only the last week has it bee nice again, and now today we are in the middle of thunderstorms.
I have not been able to get my pool over 78 degrees since early July.

The pool was at 94 when I left for Mexico last month...came home a week later and water temp was 72 with water flowing out of skimmer. Have been keeping the solar cover on 24/7 except for a couple of pool parties since and it was back up to 82 today with the warmer weather finally back. The perils of being a pool owner in Michigan...just have to roll with it. :)

redhdgirl417 said:
The pool was at 94 when I left for Mexico last month...came home a week later and water temp was 72 with water flowing out of skimmer. Have been keeping the solar cover on 24/7 except for a couple of pool parties since and it was back up to 82 today with the warmer weather finally back. The perils of being a pool owner in Michigan...just have to roll with it. :)

Its a good idea to take your cover off a couple of times a week to let the pool breath.

pwrstrk said:
redhdgirl417 said:

Its a good idea to take your cover off a couple of times a week to let the pool breath.

I do....pull it back halfway across a few times to let it breath plus I clean it even if not being used.

xanadu said:
Wow, and here just north of you in Manitoba, we are sick of almost a full month of cold, cloudy, rainy weather. Only the last week has it bee nice again, and now today we are in the middle of thunderstorms.
I have not been able to get my pool over 78 degrees since early July.

That's Crazy! Finally got a little rain last night, but its still HOT here. Abnormally hot for us anyway. No way will I close my pool till end of September to Maybe early October if it doesn't freeze. I like to look at my water as long as I can. Its 95-100 with a dew point of 70! Frickin Hot boy! I stay in ND because I HATE THE HEAT! I love our weather here in ND as we get all 4 seasons and the sunsets are AWESOME.

Should be a great Pool Day for sure!

Take care and God Bless everyone!

Cheers :cheers:

great looking pool Chad! I am SO glad I decided NOT to throw the winter cover on and call it a season yet! It has been the hottest it's been here ALL summer. Yesterday we hit 95F, and today more of the same, with heat index approaching 110F. The pool temp yesterday was 85F....and I haven't checked yet today, but when I get home it should be somewhere around 87F or so. My heater shut off yesterday when the pool hit 83F, and it hasn't turned on since!! YIIPPPEEEEEEE :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.