Is Hayward C7030 too big for a 20,000 gallon pool

Jun 30, 2011
Fullerton, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We have a 20,000 gallon pool that was remodeled 10 years ago. As I want to reduce maintenance as much as possible, we put in a Pentair Tritus II Tr140 sand filter. It has served well from a maintenance perspective. It has developed a crack, so sand gets in the pool. Also time to replace the sand. Due to all this but also wanting to reduce water consumption (live in southern CA), I've been looking at Hayward cartridge W3c5030 525 sqft. Again, I want to go bi to reduce the time in between cleaning the filters. I just found a deal on Hayward's biggest cartridge filter C7030. I read somewhere going bigger increases the time between cleanings.
Is 700 sqft cartridge too big, meaning in will not function well for a 20,000 gallon pool. If so, is 525 sqft a better choice? Hoping to get some practical advice. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for pointing that out. It's 8 vs 4 cartridges. Using a single site and comparing cartridge price, it is almost $200 more for the c7030. That helps making the decision to go with the 525 sqft model.
Thanks all for answering!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.