Is BIGGER always BETTER?....Are there PROs and CONs?

Another reason is that on low you could run your pump 24/7 and still save money on the electric bill, and have cleaner water because it's circulating all the time. If I had a 2-speed (I'll never own another single speed pump.) I'd only use high speed when vacuuming or to run a fountain if it required it. The rest of the time it'd be on low speed circulating away. :)

Wow...thanks, thats good to hear. However, something I didnt also consider, lets say I do decide to run the pump 24/7 and have a very well circulated pool, what kind of extra wear and tear is put on the motor now that it is running all the time?

If there are several days, (3 or 4) in between pool usage, would it still be advisable to run it 24/7 on low speed?

Would there be scenarios that I would actually use the full 1HP for circulation?.....and what speed should I backwash?

The choice is yours and either high speed or low-speed will work. Even if you have extra wear running your motor 24/7 your saving money on energy costs. Unfortunately, I doubt you'll find the answer from someone who has done a comparison, but the "wear" factor is immaterial in the grand scheme of things and the overall cost of building a pool.

By the way, were you able to circle back with your insurance broker or town on the taxes and insurance cost concern you had?

not yet....whatever it is, I need the pool so Im going to have to do it anyways

My next biggest fear now is to figure out this whole salt water system thing....thats a very foreign area for me. I know I want a salt water system with automation but just trying to figure out the difference between the Aqua Plus, Pro, XL, and whatever else I need to complete that peice is making my head spin!....perhaps I should just abandon a salt system altogether and just learn how to manually add my pool chemicals....Jeeez Lueeeezzze!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.