Is a Special Glue Required

Your right on the pressure vs DWV, but like i said, it's all schedule 40. The DWV stuff is actually rated for some pressure. A PVC sewer system has to pressurize for 24 hours at 10 feet of head so thats about 6 psi. It will hold up to pool pressure, but it's just as easy to get the pressure rated stuff.

However, using DWV is probably not why it didnt glue up properly. My guess it's the flex they used. It doesnt look like Tiger flex and cheap flex is har to glue unless you get it good and clean and primed.

So BK if I understand correctly you are not recommending I change out the DWV because it should be able to handle the low pressures in a pool. However, in the future I should be careful to get the regular pressure rated pvc instead of DWV. As I said earlier I will be looking for the Waterway union so I can re plumb the line correctly.

You will need the correct pump and filter unions if you switch to "hard plumbing" from flex.
Waterways part # 400-4060 for the pump side.
For the filter side you need the 90 deg. sweep elbow part # 500-1901.
Please verify these part numbers with the make and model number of your pump/filter combination when you place your order.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.