Apr 12, 2016
Kershaw, South Carolina
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So, I posted on this before but its been a while and I could not find the thread, anyhow....
I know there is mention of getting rid of iron in water to keep the tub clean and here is my method, easy, small expenditure, and always works!
I started out by noticing my sand filter in my pool would clean the iron out in a day turning the water from a pale green back to a nice blue, the cartridge filter in my hot tub would not do it so I used to fill my tub from my pool after filtering out the iron. So.....
I bought a small pool sand filter to use in my hot tub at filling time. I think its rated at like 925 gal per hour and my tub is 450 gallons. It was just shy of $100. If I start working on my tub (filling or adding) in the morning, I set the filter up that day, let it run all day and night and take it down sometime the next day and it seems to do the trick! But remember, the return line has to be above the water so there is an air gap to have the iron in the water oxidize or turn to rust to make the molecules larger and get trapped. My picture below is an older one it says the pic I took today is too large??IMG_1084.JPG

This the one ?

This the one ?

Thanks, yes that would be the one.. I went back like 5 pages couldn't find it and gave up.
But yes, I think my "Experiment" was/is a success! Nice to be able to fill the hot tub with fresh water and not recycled pool water, especially with the different amounts of salt they take!
Just thought others might like it.

Reactions: JoeSelf and Newdude