InTheSwim Chlorine tablets - health issue?

hAltonJones

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 14, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
I ordered a bucket full of InTheSwim chlorine tablets. I've used other brands before without this problem, but these guys seem to be incredibly reactive to the skin. Each tablet is enclosed in plastic, but when opened, the slightest amount of dust that gets into the air vigorously inflames the skin. I'm careful not to touch the tablets, but the slightest exposure to the dust is devastating and painful.

Is it me or has anyone else experienced this?
:unsure:

I've used this brand in the past, and had no issues like you are reporting. Maybe contact the manufacturer and report the issue?

Trichlor is acidic and a potent oxidizer. If the dust is fine enough, it could react with sweat on the skin and lead to chemical burns if you have sensitive skin. I’ve handled pucks with bare hands before but I consider myself to have fairly tough, calloused hands. I would recommend you only handle the pucks wearing gloves. You can use standard rubber dishwashing gloves or you can go to the hardware store and buy a box of black nitrile gloves.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.