Intex zx300??

every pool of mine with a cover runs that way with never an issue.
One other issue I noticed (maybe the same with the old unit) but my sand filter shows about a 5-7psi increase when using the vacuum. So I am going from middle of the green to bottom of the yellow. Just having the attachment i noticed maybe 2-3 psi increase and then adding the vacuum another 2-3 psi increase.

Is that normal?

The only issue I have so far is it does get stuck on my staircase I have in the pool. I can't blame intext since it is not an intex staircase. Guessing if you have nothing in the pool it would work fine going up and down the walls.

One other issue I noticed (maybe the same with the old unit) but my sand filter shows about a 5-7psi increase when using the vacuum. So I am going from middle of the green to bottom of the yellow. Just having the attachment i noticed maybe 2-3 psi increase and then adding the vacuum another 2-3 psi increase.

Is that normal?
I had a slight increase in pressure with the older version & it had the hose that allowed water to escape so I imagine the new version w/ the solid hose would result in a little back pressure

I had a slight increase in pressure with the older version & it had the hose that allowed water to escape so I imagine the new version w/ the solid hose would result in a little back pressure

Yea that could be. Will just have to monitor my pressure and backwash more I guess. Given I start off in the mid green level I cant recall if that is normal or if I need to try to deep clean the sand. I have backwashed etc but I have seen videos of people taking it apart and doing a better cleaning job.

Do you remember what a normal PSI level is?

The only other issue I have found besides PSI / and getting stuck at a ladder is it got stuck on the side of the wall going back and forth between the two return ports. It would push forward and get stuck on one and eventually back up right into the other one. Maybe a freak occurrence but day 1 and it occured.

Yea that could be. Will just have to monitor my pressure and backwash more I guess. Given I start off in the mid green level I cant recall if that is normal or if I need to try to deep clean the sand. I have backwashed etc but I have seen videos of people taking it apart and doing a better cleaning job.

Do you remember what a normal PSI level is?

The only other issue I have found besides PSI / and getting stuck at a ladder is it got stuck on the side of the wall going back and forth between the two return ports. It would push forward and get stuck on one and eventually back up right into the other one. Maybe a freak occurrence but day 1 and it occured.
normal varies - it will be individualized to your pool, you sort of just have to learn what seems to work. also, those intex guages eventually quit working. you can order a better gauge from the same place that sells the test kit but you will probably need another fitting from the hardware store (sorry it was a while ago and I don't remember what it ended up being - I think it needed a reducer.

Reactions: Mdragger88
@foreign0 that is horrible!
If you keep the same pool, there is a Auqu EZ Vinyl Pool Repair kit that they sell at the hardware stores, less than $10. I had 2 holes in the side of my Intex, neither were quite an inch but the stuff was amazing. Lasted 2 years before I got rid of the Intex. If the seam is busted though, probably wont fix.

I don't know about landscaping fabric at all, but all your other stuff can be re-used. It will just be a pain in the Rear. I have the locking mats too, and had gorilla taped them together. I moved the pool and the next year got a new pool and tossed them behind a shed in the elements for 10 months while we waited to put the new pool up. They made it through everything, although not in perfect condition. Where we tried to remove the tape to re-do, it ripped off some of the locking pieces, I taped those back in where I could. Definitely beat up, but it's under the water, and you can't tell.
Moving the rock will suck, I promise, but it's doable. I am someone with more time than money, so when it came time to do the new pool, we pulled back the entire perimeter of the rocks back a couple feet, prepped and leveled the ground for the next pool and then when all was done, moved those rocks back. It was hours of work, but worth it in the end. You can do it! Then after it's all done, you can relax in your pool :) Give your lot manager a dirty look while you are enjoying it too.

View attachment 334744
Thanks. Looks good I was just reading about intex ultra frame liners and leaks in the seam. I looked but I don’t know if I looked well enough even if so how could over 2000 gallons drain in a matter of few hours like 3-4? You would have to cut the liner for that to happen so I’m wondering if there was a leak n the winter cover as well to have some more water gone but my yard just now was able to mow and it was still wet down the slope some and neighbor had 5 foot snake n her yard just past the fence separates us I normally do a lot of work at night but not now! I’m terrified. I have another pool I’m tempted to post this one n have someone come get it. I paid 88 for the liner from intex but new pool is 15’and this14’ barely fits im blocked between capped gas line and electric pole. I didn’t tape my foam wish I had but now I can the landscape fabric ripped to heck cause the ground moved around so much you would sink a foot felt like walking over it but thought bout pulling all my legs back out n ck to c how level I still am for pool area itself. The rocks hav to b moved tho I got delivery was supposed to be 2-3” some r 8” way too big for around a pool so I plan to do rock garden and add by my outside ac unit sucks cost 200 but hav a lot of bagged river rock and white carribean too and new pool looks like stone it’s bestway which is what last pool was had some holes n it but patched under water no prob w vinyl cement I do admit the seams n this intex ultra frame liner r weird compared to others. The summer waves liner I sold that went w this frame felt thicker than any I should hav kept it n patched over the skimmer hole. I’m disabled and I’m strapped for cash but hav special needs child I can’t leave stuck inside all the time so that’s why I work at night and need to get this done the noodles I glued end to end behind legs worked great to keep debris from touching the outer edge of pool but this one spot was where I should hav added a foam piece but didn’t so had small spot not shielded under it where the noodle wasn’t flat flush w the ground on foam as well it’s easy fix if that’s the only prob I’m just terrified of spiders n prob a ton n the pool plus I’ve left it empty continuously pumping water out regular basis w submersible pump due to constant rain. Weather finally cleared couple days ago but I’m wondering if a suction side vac I tried prior to closing may hav played a part n starting this slice the suction was way too much n I tried to adjust got fed up love my intex pressure side vac so I dc other after 10 min n said nope but it was stuck n that spot or near it couldn’t move I have 2500ghp pump n stop off one suction even tho guess is kind of illegal to do so since 2008 I think? I didn’t know was actual statute for manufacture to make dual suction ports or one that automatically stops sucking if something gets trapped due to a death of a child by drowning but nobody is gonna do that n my pool granted try n play around it will snatch a hand with the facing off the suction just have to b careful

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@foreign0 that is horrible!
If you keep the same pool, there is a Auqu EZ Vinyl Pool Repair kit that they sell at the hardware stores, less than $10. I had 2 holes in the side of my Intex, neither were quite an inch but the stuff was amazing. Lasted 2 years before I got rid of the Intex. If the seam is busted though, probably wont fix.

I don't know about landscaping fabric at all, but all your other stuff can be re-used. It will just be a pain in the Rear. I have the locking mats too, and had gorilla taped them together. I moved the pool and the next year got a new pool and tossed them behind a shed in the elements for 10 months while we waited to put the new pool up. They made it through everything, although not in perfect condition. Where we tried to remove the tape to re-do, it ripped off some of the locking pieces, I taped those back in where I could. Definitely beat up, but it's under the water, and you can't tell.
Moving the rock will suck, I promise, but it's doable. I am someone with more time than money, so when it came time to do the new pool, we pulled back the entire perimeter of the rocks back a couple feet, prepped and leveled the ground for the next pool and then when all was done, moved those rocks back. It was hours of work, but worth it in the end. You can do it! Then after it's all done, you can relax in your pool :) Give your lot manager a dirty look while you are enjoying it too.

View attachment 334744
Also that is what I used previously in my bestway along with the intex kit I got those clearance at academy one off season like 60 cents a pack same deal just not a big patch and has tiny amount of cement but it works. I hav trashed liners wishing now I had cut them for patching reasons ppl sell those on eBay sky high

Still haven’t tried the zx300 intex but soon as I get my pool patched or new pool up I will and make a video still seeing many people on reviews saying it dumps out all debris when u remove from pool but that can’t be the case unless the debris mesh isn’t in place or if the flapper on bottom side isn’t shut cause it’s same design inside as the other automatic intex vac that I’ve used few years only diff is the climbing walls and spin brush oh mesh is not same shape is square and wheels don’t swivel have better tread does anyone know what the heck the suction strainer extensions could be for? They are aqua color and just snap onto the strainer grid but only the small pool size I use large pool fittings by intex. Many think the large pool suction strainer can’t be found but it’s still available you just have to get it in separate pieces off intex website is a eBay seller has them but way more it cost less than 17 after tax and shipping and the gasket is one of most expensive pieces. I just ordered a new one couple weeks ago I can give sku numbers to anyone looking that modifies their pool to use large fittings. Finding the large inlet is easy and it comes with 1500 and 2500gph intex pumps. But on intex site the pieces are all replacement parts under diff pumps and diff pools but the strainer for facing they have 2 the large one is more expensive not by much and is the 10253 I believe then there’s a “threaded strainer” it has no facing the 10253 screws onto front of it n then the gasket and the nut to secure it onto the liner and I trace the gasket w sharpee then cut I’ve done it to every pool I’ve had lol surprisingly intex has new pools on their website new design. But replacement parts don’t exist for the new auto vac yet I msg them n their customer service is clueless had no idea what It even was same w question regarding my liner n warranty. I got liner n aug. but most parts r pretty reasonable prices

So far so good. Only been a few hours but using it with a cover. My only concern is if the tubing or the unit climbing the wall and touching the cover will cause it to fail quicker than normal.

I did have the tube fall once but that might have been user error. I checked the screen after a few hours and definitely is picking up small particles like sand that much have come out of the filter when I turned it on.
Have you noticed any debris coming out of the vac when you remove it from the pool? Is a complaint I’ve seen in review on Amazon but is same type containment as old version that I have so I don’t c how it is coming out of the vac maybe unless the flapper on bottom isn’t closed makes no sense tho. My new one is still n box have to deal w my whole pool and pool area first bout to try n get some of it done ugh if only I knew someone I could pay! But I use my old one under a cover solar cover is much less of an issue but I c what you mean since it climbs the walls but it’s detecting water level from what I understand I’m wondering if I can swap out the connection and use my segmented hoses I have for my older intex automatic vac cause they release pressure and swivel n between

Quite the jump there! While the new Intex looks a lot better than the old one I’m sure the Dolphin will be better yet.

I got the old Intex Auto Cleaner last year, but I got annoyed with it wrapping around the pool ladder. I partially solved that, but the hose was too short for my 26' pool for it to reach all the way across. Biggest annoyance was the limited capacity (I've got trees that overhang the pool) so it often wouldn't run for more than a day or two before it just stopped moving. The other annoyance was removing it to return to regular filtration, somewhat annoying to unscrew the hose and pull the cleaner and hose out. I tried leaving it in all the time except when swimming but I found the lack of circular water movement from the normal return meant my skimmer was much less effective which meant more stuff at the bottom instead of getting caught by the skimmer before it sank. Eventually I just stopped using it. I think a slightly smaller pool (or hose extension) and a pool not near trees and it'd be a great cleaner.

I ordered the Pool Rover Jr this weekend to replace it. Not to hijack the thread but if anyone wants an older model Intex auto cleaner you're welcome to have it for the cost of shipping.
Mine has the segmented hoses and intex sells them as well they are the typical hoses that screw onto intex pump but have swivel n between them but the first hose has to be clamped onto the vac it came undone once. But I don’t even need to use all the hoses so I was n shock when I order first one from Walmart n had one hose I took it back same day got one off eBay showing me the hoses. There is one moving part on the older model and YouTube has video showing how to fix it if the vac stops moving there is a lever gets stuck when sand gets in it needs to b lubed up in order for the flapper inside the module to go back n forth to allow the vac to change from forward n backward says if you feel same water pressure coming out both ends then that is ur problem flapper inside module isn’t moving cause lever is stuck is just small piece of plastic but you have to pop open the casing of the module. Intex also sells replacement module like 26.00 I grabbed 2 old model off Facebook recently one for friend one for spare parts for us got both 75.00 but she had some chemicals a floater n also the pool blaster sweeper battery powered vac too she gave me all of that and had the hoses for the vacs n adapters too but filthy full of sand n algae so been sitting n bleach but mesh and gaskets n good shape. I’ve got extra mesh from intex cost less than 2.00 ea but you can’t get the gasket so worth that cause without it guess could use some of the material that makes a gasket for yourself. Gonna get kit of all gaskets for pump, fittings, plunger valves etc cause I lost small one off a plunger valve on inside n wondered forever why it was leaking but the threads can get busted easy and fittings say for one year of use. So anyway I’m rambling adhd bad but In case others don’t have enough hose avail they can opt for additional hose by getting a coupler and attaching 2 hoses it’s bascalu same as reg pool vac hose or can get the screw on hoses IMO works better since they are larger in diameter as well

Have you noticed any debris coming out of the vac when you remove it from the pool? Is a complaint I’ve seen in review on Amazon but is same type containment as old version that I have so I don’t c how it is coming out of the vac maybe unless the flapper on bottom isn’t closed makes no sense tho. My new one is still n box have to deal w my whole pool and pool area first bout to try n get some of it done ugh if only I knew someone I could pay! But I use my old one under a cover solar cover is much less of an issue but I c what you mean since it climbs the walls but it’s detecting water level from what I understand I’m wondering if I can swap out the connection and use my segmented hoses I have for my older intex automatic vac cause they release pressure and swivel n between
I have had that happen to me as well. I am guessing some derbies is getting stuck in the flapper. It hasn’t been a major issue. My bigger issue is it gets stuck by my staircase a lot so I need to figure that out.

I've been eyeing this model, but haven’t seen ANY reviews. This will be my first year with a pool, so I have no idea what to look for in a cleaning robot. I’m looking for a ”cheaper” alternative since I'm not sure if we will enjoy the pool enough to keep it beyond the covid restrictions. This looked interesting since it supposed to clean the walls too.
I bought one off of Amazon this week they are $129!

I bought one off of Amazon this week they are $129!
I got in on that sale, such a pain constantly hauling the big vacuum hose and manually vacuuming. We named it Victoria the Vacuum and so far... Mixed. I missed the brushes at first so she kept getting stuck at the top of our oval Bestway frame. There wasn't a ton of debris in the pool to start with so I'm not sure about cleaning performance yet. We'll see if adding the brushes keeps her from getting stuck.

Adding the brushes stopped her from getting stuck on the pool wall but two new issues:
  • I think she's getting stuck on one of the wrinkles in our liner. I'm not sure how this is happening because the wheels are so large.
  • Got tangled in her own hose once.
  • She detaches our Intex skimmer. We didn't want to cut into the liner so we went with the over the wall skimmer and it gets popped right out and she gets tangled in the hose for it.
Not sure how to resolve these. Otherwise a nice little vacuum.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.