Hernando, Ms
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
This is new & very interesting as it actually has brushes at a low price point.
Anybody pulled the trigger on one yet?
36D0BACF-1A83-4011-9C3D-9A7939A6EF25.jpeg

I've been eyeing this model, but haven’t seen ANY reviews. This will be my first year with a pool, so I have no idea what to look for in a cleaning robot. I’m looking for a ”cheaper” alternative since I'm not sure if we will enjoy the pool enough to keep it beyond the covid restrictions. This looked interesting since it supposed to clean the walls too.

Reactions: BTJR
I have really enjoyed my intex auto cleaner for the past several years but i wished that it had brushes - I’ve been thinking of getting a dolphin but then i came across this & the price is very appealing

Update: I ordered it!
i am very intrigued as to how it works & will be opening my pool soon so I needed to replace my old one as it’s getting less dependable (4 yrs for $50 was a good run)
I’m sure this new one will require a little modification to extend the hose so we’ll see how it goes. If it doesn’t look like i will be able to use it there’s a 14 day return window &
Then i’ll be ordering a dolphin $$.

I’ll keep this thread updated.

Reactions: ellislo
It says its back ordered until Friday so we shall see. I figure I’ll know if it will work w/ my set up when I open the box. If the brushes aren’t driven by something i will likely send it back.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
From the looks of it it would seem the pressure which drives this bot makes the wheels roll. There seems to be gearing behind the wheel that drives the brushes. We shall see in due time ....
I am wondering if there’s a belt or if they some how amped up the little twirly mechanism that makes it go - I can’t imagine how it goes all the way to the waterline without spraying water every where for $100

Update: no ship date in sight 😫
So I canceled my order this morning & ordered the dolphin nautilus cc refurb on poolpartz as i am currently in the process of opening & I can’t reach the middle of my 33’ round w/ a manual vac. Praying it comes in a couple days as my old intex automatic cleaner wasn’t doing well at the end of the season.

I think this is a great unintended plug for robots in general. The same goes for SWGs, When they fail from age, look for how quickly and the lengths the owner will go to get a new on ASAP.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I think this is a great unintended plug for robots in general. The same goes for SWGs, When they fail from age, look for how quickly and the lengths the owner will go to get a new on ASAP.
If i had a smaller pool I would probably wait it out but I’m way too short & that water is too cold to be getting in to vacuum 🥶

If i had a smaller pool I would probably wait it out but I’m way too short & that water is too cold to be getting in to vacuum 🥶
No need to explain, And I’m really thinking we should change gears with all the newbs asking if it’s all a good idea. Blah blah blah, robots/SWGs are a very nice conveniences.... *yawn*.

Maybe we should try ‘go ahead and try to take somebody’s away...... they’ll cut you !!! Go on.. I double dog dare you !! ‘. :laughblue:

• Haha
Reactions: Pv2 and Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.