Intex Ultra Frame Inquiry

Hey LWB, measure twice before you put it that close to your air conditioners. If something were to happen you need room to service them. Also have you thought about how loud it will be as you lazily float to have those babies kick on and cycle? Just my .02.

Yeah, there will be plenty of room to get back to the AC units. I am allowing about 4 feet of extra space so the pool will not be right on the edge of the cleared space. Also, our fence gate is right by the units, hidden from view :) Our back yard is super tiny, so there will be no escaping the AC fans unfortunately. There really is no other place to put the pool. It'll be ok, we're used to it ;) I think I've decided to cut the sod out, clear the area of rocks, roots, etc....and then tamp it down and level it. And then put a layer of the foam insulation board down that I have seen others use here. And then put the tarp over that.

Progress!

14753053115_cf4fefa96f_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_2087 by lwb37, on Flickr[/IMG]

IMG_2086 by lwb37, on Flickr

And yeah, we plan on getting a drain extension tomorrow :)

Hey, Hey... look at you go!

If you're going to do the frame, do not add soil/dirt as zea mentioned. You can use crusher/crush n run/2A modified with a plate compactor in 3" lifts. That will level off nice for you and you can lay the foam on it and go from there.

Can't wait to see this come together! :cool:

Check out UnkyJoe's Pool Build using crusher to level out the pool site. It's the only way to fill in and build up. :goodjob:

So, yeah, I've nearly gotten heatstroke twice working out in the NC sun and humidity :mad: It is not terribly unlevel, but it definitely needs alot of smoothing out. So, to make sure I understand using the crusher run....do I just smooth out what I have now, nothing major, and then dump the crusher/run on top of it and tamp it down until that is level? And then put the foam insul boards on top of it? Will that be stable enough?

The frame is up! And straight(ish) hehe. Will have to wait for the weekend for the crusher run delivery, but that will give me this week to level it out a bit and get rid of some of the bumps and stuff.

14576149097_7e0f63ab46_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_2089 by lwb37, on Flickr[/IMG]

Oh, and I ran a gutter extension out to the side of the house, so that shouldn't be a problem now.

They make temporary roads out of the stuff and run heavy machinery on top of it... It's good stuff! Get your frame level and wait for the crusher and get to it. Remember, 3" lifts with a plate compactor. :goodjob:

So, while I continue to level the area and prep it for the crusher to get here Saturday, I do have a question. I have 2" thick blocks of wood to set the pool legs on. Do those need to be set down all the way into the ground, flush with the surface? Well, flush with the crusher surface? Or can I just set them in like an inch or so? As long as they are level.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Got 4 tons of the Crush/Run delivered this morning and got it spread out, but not tamped and leveled. We're in a rain delay right now :mad: Hope to get it done tomorrow though. As far as the a/c condensers, well, it's a chance we'll have to take as there really is nowhere else to put the pool. We don't have kids, so I don't expect too much splashing to happen, but we'll see. If it's a problem, I'll have to implement some pool rules, lol.

Ok, so I got the pool up over the weekend. Leveling the crusher/run turned out to be a snap once I rented a compactor ;) Applied the foam board, set the wood blocks and set er up. Took about 13 hours to fill up and we were swimming the next day with one of the dogs, hehe.

IMG_2093 by lwb37, on Flickr
IMG_0841 by lwb37, on Flickr
IMG_2094 by lwb37, on Flickr
IMG_2107 by lwb37, on Flickr
IMG_2104 by lwb37, on Flickr

So, my PH was at about 8.4, but I got it down to 7.2 and it has stayed there for the past two days. My FC at the moment is .5 and the TC is 1.5, but I just turned on the SWG this evening. I have not added any CYA yet but will do that tonight and my TA atm is 40. That needs to improve. Should I let the SWG do its thing, or should I dump some Pool Shock I got from Wal Mart in there to give it a starting boost?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.