Intex Ultra Frame - Bonding required?

Theabbot

Nov 10, 2019
Jacksonville
I am having an electric panel installed in the back yard so that I can attach a Intelliflow pump, propane heater and salt cell. The equipment will sit about 25 feet away from the pool.
Do I need to bond this type of AGP to the pump? Or is grounding the pump to the panel fine? It is a 52" deep soft side vinyl pool, with pvc coated metal legs.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Are you looking to be legal or be safe.

If you are looking to be legal then check with your local inspector and find out what the requirements are in your jurisdiction.

Read Electrical Bonding - Further Reading for what the 2023 NEC specifies.

The metal legs should be connected to the bonding grid.

IIRC in most jurisdictions the type of equipment decides if the pool should be bonded. Permanent type pool equipment would require the 'temporary pool' to be bonded like it was a traditional above ground pool. One of our members @jseyfert3 had to bond his intex pool for this reason because he upgraded the Intex equipment. He's been busy IRL and hasn't visited in a while but maybe he'll stop in.

Of course, whatever your area says is found by asking the inspector at the town.

There are dozens of threads about this here as well as other sites regarding storable pools and bonding. The issue you have is that all the metal pieces that interconnect have a plastic sleeves. On top of that all the pieces are powder coated. The technicality is you would have to bond each piece individually as most if not none of the pieces actually connect in any way that would form an electrical connection.